• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    One quick question. Once your "approved" can you take your number to a LGS to start paperwork on a new purchase? Or do you need the physical card? I have heard 2 different versions on tis.
    I finished my application, fingerprint number and payment late in the day, for my HQL on Friday May 9th and was approved today May 15th. My HQL shows as Active along with my license number. Bonus info, I have a common name and it still only took 4 real business days to become active. I guess I will get my card in the mail in the next week or so. Do you need the card in hand or is just having your number good enough?

Depends on the ffl. Many of them will start paperwork with just the number, then you need the actual card when you pick up.

tsmith1499

Poor C&R Collector
    Jan 10, 2012
    Southern Mount Airy, Md.
    So this morning all are complete except CJIS, JIS, and DHMH. CJIS AND JIS say incomplete. What is that supposed to mean? They need to dive further into my Court records. Also I wonder how far back they check court records? I checked at 7:30 a.m. They were fast!!

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    The current emdsp website software, written nearly a decade ago by a company in Columbia, MD was always said to be a temporary solution to the immediate demands of SB281.

I understand a new web based software system is in the works. The new system is intended to support all permit applications, including Maryland Handgun Permits.

I don't know the contractor or the budget. Maybe one of you guys can research the info online and report back.

tsmith1499

Poor C&R Collector
    Jan 10, 2012
    Southern Mount Airy, Md.
    If I had read further down the page I would have seen the definitions. I have 2 that have this marked. I have no reason why. CJIS and JIS

Incomplete - Application Section is pending additional information, you will be contacted

Robert1955

Ultimate Member
    Dec 25, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    If I had read further down the page I would have seen the definitions. I have 2 that have this marked. I have no reason why. CJIS and JIS Incomplete - Application Section is pending additional information, you will be contacted

The criminal checks take the longest. All my other stuff was done in a day, except the livescan number confermation which took 3 days. then the criminal checks shortly after. I would not worry for now.

Rimfire

May 20, 2013
    Fred Co.
    I went and did livescan yesterday (3pm). Submitted online application around 11pm last night. Mine is active as as of 2:30 today.

When I checked this morning (10:30am) all was marked complete except the HMH which was incomplete.

Now to wait for the card....

tsmith1499

Poor C&R Collector
    Jan 10, 2012
    Southern Mount Airy, Md.
    I went and did livescan yesterday (3pm). Submitted online application around 11pm last night. Mine is active as as of 2:30 today.

When I checked this morning (10:30am) all was marked complete except the HMH which was incomplete.

Now to wait for the card....

That was quick. I wonder why yours was processed so fast?

awptickes

Jun 26, 2011
    N. Of Perryville
    Has anyone received an HQL after using a home-made regulated firearm as the regulated item to qualify for no training?

I don't need to, I'm just curious.

FLdzOm9.png

tsmith1499

Poor C&R Collector
    Jan 10, 2012
    Southern Mount Airy, Md.
    So I go to the mailbox today and find a letter from the MD. Dept. of Public Safety and Correctional Services. It says MY request for a criminal history record from CJIS has been completed and found no criminal history. YAY!! But why does it still show incomplete for CJIS on the HQL site unless they are sending it snail mail?

It also said that a fingerprint supported National Criminal history record check has been initiated of which the results will be sent to the requesting agency only.

Has anyone else received one of these? Or could it be because I have a common name I'm the lucky one???

Okay, so are they doing SOME of their checks my snail mail and some of them through the computer???? Why are some peoples checks done within 24 hours and some take 3-4 days. If they are sending the results my snail mail how does someones application get approved within 24 hours as one members has here recently??

Just one of those things that make you go Hmmmmm???

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom