• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    And you just went through the background check too... :tdown:
    Yes and again at Engage when I filled out the five pages of [redundant] paperwork needed to begin my seven-day cooling-off period. I think it's time to put the lawmakers that wrote and/or agreed to this nonsense in a "waiting room" each time a law-abiding, Maryland taxpayer is put through this insultingly witless process.

reptileguy99

Apr 6, 2013
    just started today and submitted i had a regulated lower will that count any one know since i cant use my hunters safety do to it be to long ago wich is BS

'04 Cummins

Defenestrator
    I'm an idiot, I just applied for the HQL and accidentally grabbed one of the handguns registered to my wife when putting in serial number for training exemption. Didn't catch it until after I submitted. I guess I should call tomorrow and try to straighten it out. Hopefully they won't deny me outright and have to do the whole thing over again and pay again...

noidea01

May 7, 2014
    Has anyone had their livescan say incomplete after a week and a half...?? I submitted my all on Apr 27 ..on the 28 everything was completed except livescan meters and mafss..I'm training exempt because of prior military honorable discharge and the trading part says waived...any ideas ....I don't have any record ....or anything ....

reptileguy99

Apr 6, 2013
    I sent mine in yesterday 5/6 today every thing is checked off but 2 things the health and Cjis I believe just re check and says pending and the check list is gone so hopefully soon

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    Hopefully that misdemeanor reckless driving conviction (30mph over the limit) in another state doesn't come back to bite me. I'll probably be next on the MSP's no knock list. Dead dog and all...

I hate this ****ing state.

Along

Mar 14, 2011
    St Mary's
    Since my training status was still listed as incomplete I decided to email and ask if they needed anything from me. Based on the definition they list for incomplete, "Incomplete - Application Section is pending additional information, you will be contacted"
    I received an email back shortly. I am still unsure if I should be offended.

"The check off is there only to provide a means for you to track the progress of your application. If any further information is required of you, you will be contacted. Thank you for your patience.

“Pending - Application has been received. Application is being processed OR waiting for required documentation from applicant. You will be contacted for any shortage.” "

reptileguy99

Apr 6, 2013
    Applied 5/6 done yesterday 6/6 checklist disappeared so I called them just to check the guy I spoke to was great now just waiting for the card

jisham

Mar 12, 2014
    PG County
    Since my training status was still listed as incomplete I decided to email and ask if they needed anything from me. Based on the definition they list for incomplete, "Incomplete - Application Section is pending additional information, you will be contacted"
    I received an email back shortly. I am still unsure if I should be offended.

"The check off is there only to provide a means for you to track the progress of your application. If any further information is required of you, you will be contacted. Thank you for your patience.

“Pending - Application has been received. Application is being processed OR waiting for required documentation from applicant. You will be contacted for any shortage.” "

I got the exact same email earlier today when I asked why my Livescan is showing as incomplete being that it and the online app were submitted the evening of May 7.

jonathanglock

Oct 8, 2011
    Smithsburg, MD
    I broke down and applied for my HQL on April 21. License went active April 29. Waiting for the card? to come in the mail. It wasn't a bad process, but it shouldn't be necessary. Now there shouldn't be a 7 day waiting period, well there never should have been. So I am going to cool off and not use one of my 10-20 guns that I already have, right.
    Got my HQL in the mail today. Submitted April 21, received in the mail, May 8. Actually wife got it in the mail, she wondered when I had time. Uh oh.

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    Where are you guys seeing the detailed status listing? I submitted my LiveScan on Friday, filled out the form on Saturday, and when I return to the form now, all it says is Pending. I don't see the enumerated checklist & don't see a link on that page to get to it.

jisham

Mar 12, 2014
    PG County
    Where are you guys seeing the detailed status listing? I submitted my LiveScan on Friday, filled out the form on Saturday, and when I return to the form now, all it says is Pending. I don't see the enumerated checklist & don't see a link on that page to get to it.

See the yellow "View Checklist" in the screenshot below? Click that and it will take you to a status list of the various items needed for completion.

ScreenShot2014-05-09at62403AM.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom