• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GRC911

May 2, 2013
    Harford County
    Just logged in to check mine (again) and still nothing. Those who are having issues have you tried calling to see what's up? I am going to try later this afternoon.

EDIT-

I called MSP and spoke to someone who was very helpful and he told mine had been completed two days ago! He also told me a lot of people who are using two different computers (I did) are having issues with the checklist. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Wright45

Mar 23, 2013
    So I'm still waiting in the Pending status. Now the check list is gone?
    I received a letter from the CJIS confirming No criminal history.
    What should I do now? call, email or just wait it out ?
    I'm use to waiting on the MSP, after all it only took 3 months to pick up my firearm last year. :banghead:

Yeti Poacher

Dec 11, 2012
    Hunt Valley
    I called MSP and spoke to someone who was very helpful and he told mine had been completed two days ago! He also told me a lot of people who are using two different computers (I did) are having issues with the checklist. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info! I'll give them a call on Monday.

501st

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2011
    Just logged in to check mine (again) and still nothing. Those who are having issues have you tried calling to see what's up? I am going to try later this afternoon.

EDIT-

checklist disappeared for me, even though I used the same computer for the entire process.

Thanks for the info! I'll give them a call on Monday.

On one hand I could call and possibly get them to speed things up.

On the other, I could do nothing and hope they cross the 30 day mark. (running the risk of waiting longer than the first option, and possibly having them make my hql active/recueving the card a few days before 30 days goes by)

Cyra

Mrs. Glaron
    Feb 4, 2014
    I am so grateful for the information on this thread. I brought my gun before the law changed, but it looks like the times are getting better as a whole. Trying to decide if I should just bite the bullet and get an HQL even though I don't plan on making any gun purchases in the near future....

Yeti Poacher

Dec 11, 2012
    Hunt Valley
    I brought my gun before the law changed, but it looks like the times are getting better as a whole.

You mean the times after these laws were passed? I view it differently. Maryland was frustrating before with the may issue position. Now it's downright obnoxious.

Trying to decide if I should just bite the bullet and get an HQL even though I don't plan on making any gun purchases in the near future....

You can do what you choose with your money but I wouldn't needlessly give money to the state regardless of income level. Why buy something you don't need?

If you want to buy a handgun and can wait a maximum of one month for the process, then apply. It's $55 for the Livescan, $50 for the MSP fee and whatever you manage to get for the class. Some places are doing it for free.

CarlosM

Mar 12, 2013
    For those or you who had the link to the check list disappear, check on that same page where the link was to see if your HQL is active. The link to the checklist disappears once it's active.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I am so grateful for the information on this thread. I brought my gun before the law changed, but it looks like the times are getting better as a whole. Trying to decide if I should just bite the bullet and get an HQL even though I don't plan on making any gun purchases in the near future....

I would not. Its $100 you should use on ammo instead

Yeti Poacher

Dec 11, 2012
    Hunt Valley
    For those or you who had the link to the check list disappear, check on that same page where the link was to see if your HQL is active. The link to the checklist disappears once it's active.

Thanks but it still says pending for me. I will call Tuesday to see if it is active. I suspect it is based on what someone else said.

501st

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2011

I don't know about that. Doesn't make sense that the checklist would be completed (and then disappear)/my HQL activated with only one category completed on the following day.

Not to mention the week+ that has passed from that happening and my status still saying pending.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    I'm in the same boat. The list is gone but it still says pending. Yesterday the checklist was there and I was waiting on the MVA photo. Not sure what the deal is since today was a holiday. Hopefully it will be cleared up tomorrow.

BleedinPurple

Feb 2, 2012
    forgive me for being lazy and not reading the entire thread, but i have a Utah CCW, have taken the class obviously, own multiple regulated firearms purchased when maryland sucked a little less. Am looking to purchase another handgun in the next month or so.

Obviously i wouldnt be able to take delivery of said firearm before i actually got the HQL but what is the process/fees associated with someone that has already passed all of the qualifications and or training for the HQL

Thanks guys

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    forgive me for being lazy and not reading the entire thread, but i have a Utah CCW, have taken the class obviously, own multiple regulated firearms purchased when maryland sucked a little less. Am looking to purchase another handgun in the next month or so.

Obviously i wouldnt be able to take delivery of said firearm before i actually got the HQL but what is the process/fees associated with someone that has already passed all of the qualifications and or training for the HQL

Thanks guys

For me it was 62.50$ for Quickprints and then 50$ for the MSP. So if you don't have to take the HQL class your looking at 112.50$. You might be able to find a place that does the fingerprinting for cheaper.

The process is first go the the MSP website and start an online application profile and from there its pretty easy. If you get your fingerprints done first it will save you some time. I had a regulated firearm which made me training exempt.

https://www.mdsp.org/Organization/S...ion/Firearms/HandgunQualificationLicense.aspx

Go to this website and it will explain the process. It's pretty simple yet confusing...

kawazx636

Feb 13, 2014
    Salisbury, MD
    I'm in the "my checklist disappeared and my status is pending" boat. Has anybody with this issues called MSP yet? Were they actually able to provide answers or would it be a waste of time for me to call?

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    I'm in the "my checklist disappeared and my status is pending" boat. Has anybody with this issues called MSP yet? Were they actually able to provide answers or would it be a waste of time for me to call?

My checklist disappeared yesterday so I called this morning and was told that I went "Active" Yesterday but my card was not printed yet. It must be a glitch on their side. I'm willing to bet that you must be active as well but they have not updated their system. The woman I spoke to was helpful but had a bad attitude. They must get a lot of calls...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom