HQL, Fingerprints, and Letter from DPSCS?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fess Parkerized

Feb 27, 2013
    Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
    Mrs. Fess applied for her HQL after getting her LiveScan prints done on Monday, 10/28. Everything is complete on the electronic application, except her LiveScan. That section is "Incomplete," which means "Application Section is pending additional information, you will be contacted."

In addition, she received a letter from the Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services that states "No criminal history was found under the Maryland statue..." and "A fingerprint supported national criminal history record check has been initiated. The results of that investigation will be sent to the requesting agency only."

Is it normal to have the LiveScan section incomplete 4 days after the prints were sent to the state? Does everyone get the letter from DPSCS, or is there something messed up with her application?

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Everyone gets the letter. Did you put in the number from the receipt from the Live scan in the application? If so, don't sweat it. Give it a few days.
    If not, call them.

Let us know what number series you are in when it goes active. IE 600's, 1500.s. Don't the actual number.

mikey6480

Aug 6, 2011
    +1 on the above. Everyone should get the letter, and it should be a few days of "incomplete". I wish the description of "incomplete" was a bit better though, should include, "haven't checked yet".

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    I have one "not checked" on my application. It is for the mental health check. I applied Wednesday at 10p and by 10a Thursday my livescan was completed.
    Now just waiting for my MVA picture and mental health check.

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    Mine were all completed in less than two hours after submitting except for the DHMH check. It took a little less than 26 1/2 hours after I submitted my application until I had my number. I am in the 1400's. I am still waiting on my actual card.

Deep Creek Rock

.._. .._ _._. _._ .._
    Remember to use your "tracking number" from yoour livescan and not the process number.

Also, you can contact the MSP on the HQL via email - the address is on the page. They usally answer with in a day or two. Tell them you got the livescan done, but your app is not showing it.

Fess Parkerized

Feb 27, 2013
    Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
    Remember to use your "tracking number" from yoour livescan and not the process number.

Also, you can contact the MSP on the HQL via email - the address is on the page. They usally answer with in a day or two. Tell them you got the livescan done, but your app is not showing it.

That might be the problem. The LiveScan person said to enter the process number. We'll sort it out on Monday.

I'll post the series number when we get it.

Thanks!

Kelson1066

Ultimate Member
    Jul 31, 2012
    Frederick County
    +1 on the above. Everyone should get the letter, and it should be a few days of "incomplete". I wish the description of "incomplete" was a bit better though, should include, "haven't checked yet".

Thanks, I was worried about that especially since I had a clean NICS check done for a purchase last week.

Deep Creek Rock

.._. .._ _._. _._ .._

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom