• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • quattroginger

Feb 22, 2013
    i thought this might be easier to start a new topic instead of posting pics and questions i have on the other topic about process.

i am trying to fill out my HQL application. there are just a few things i am confused on. some people have stated they were asked for info on the safety course they took. my application asks for nothing about it. the first picture below will show my available options on the left side. i am currently at the attachments tab which i believe is where i just attach a photo of my hunter safety course completion card. can anyone confirm that?

it did allow me to upload a photo of my drivers license and i selected ID from the "Type" drop down. the second photo below shows the error i get whenever i try uploading a photo of my safety course completion card. i have tried it in .jpg format and .pdf but get same thing. is anyone else getting this, seen this, or can tell me if i am doing something wrong. thanks

quattroginger

Feb 22, 2013
    looks like i may be doing wrong application anyways. we started my wifes and selected the training exempt one, it then has a education tab on left side where i can select DNR training course/date.

quattroginger

Feb 22, 2013
    same thing happened under my wifes. allowed only 1 document upload then any after fail with error.

Winterskies

Jan 3, 2015
    Are you using Internet Explorer? I had problems with the site functioning properly before I realized I had to use I.E.

quattroginger

Feb 22, 2013
    I tried both IE and Firefox. I wrote them and they just told me to submit app and email them any documents needing to be attached and they would do for me. So that's what I did today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    They are still having problems as we speak. SB281 didn't have any provision for computer upgrades and they are dealing with very old equipment.

Wolff

Feb 4, 2012
    Frederick
    If using IE try this.

1) On the Menu bar, at the top of the screen, you should see "Tools".

2) Click "Tools" and mid-way down you should see an option for "Compatibility View Settings". Please click.

3) A window will appear. It will give you an option to "Add this website". Click "Add" and the www.mdsp.org website should appear in the"Websites you've added to Compatibility View".

4) If the options are available in the window, make sure "Display intranet sites in compatibility view" and "Use Microsoft compatibility lists" are checked off. If they are checked, click "Close". If they are not checked, click both boxes and then click "Close".

5) Log out of your HQL profile, then log back in again. When you continue your application and return to the Prerequisite option, the screen should be viewable.

12a10

Apr 6, 2009
    AA County Crownsville
    I tried both IE and Firefox. I wrote them and they just told me to submit app and email them any documents needing to be attached and they would do for me. So that's what I did today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Having lots of problems completing my HQL also. Have had no luck entering my proof of military service for training exemption. Called State Police and talked to Mrs Green(?). Said there was no way they could take my proof documents by either hard copy, CD or email. Suggestion was to go to a public library and get them to help do the application--why are wer paying State Police $50 (plus $52 for prints)???

BTW, they require a DD214 as proof of Honorable military service. I have a DD254 which is the official certification of honarable discharge that is sent out after ALL requirements for final discharge were satisfied--active duty plus a combination of active and inactive reserves adding up to at least 6 years.
    Can you provide name and address of SP who offered to take info by email?

Thanks

FeelTheNoise

WTF
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 11, 2015
    Cecil County
    If using IE try this.

1) On the Menu bar, at the top of the screen, you should see "Tools".

2) Click "Tools" and mid-way down you should see an option for "Compatibility View Settings". Please click.

3) A window will appear. It will give you an option to "Add this website". Click "Add" and the www.mdsp.org website should appear in the"Websites you've added to Compatibility View".

4) If the options are available in the window, make sure "Display intranet sites in compatibility view" and "Use Microsoft compatibility lists" are checked off. If they are checked, click "Close". If they are not checked, click both boxes and then click "Close".

5) Log out of your HQL profile, then log back in again. When you continue your application and return to the Prerequisite option, the screen should be viewable.

I was having an issue where the "Prerequisites" page was not loading (just a blank brown screen) and this is what solved it. I emailed the address at the bottom of the page and they said that IE11 and newer don't work properly with the website. Also no other web browsers are supported. MDSP sounds like it needs an IT upgrade. :sad20:

Gcs7th

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2012
    AGC
    ...IE11 and newer don't work properly with the website. Also no other web browsers are supported. MDSP sounds like it needs an IT upgrade. :sad20:

I think the real solution is just to repeal SB 281 and go back to the old ways of doing things. It won't require any expensive IT upgrades and will save the MDSP a good amount of tax payer dollars! :party29:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom