• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Doesn't appear to be accidental / appears to be troubleshooting - MGA IT has apparently been working on some issues this session. I have seen multiple room up during floor sessions to permit them to perform testing of the system.
    Noted. I was just trying to dispel any possible conspiracy theories.

Malleovic

Apr 21, 2017
    Maryland
    Heard from someone yesterday about the emergency thing. There's talk of a second session this year, and making this bill an emergency would force Hogan to veto it right away if he is going to do so, thus ensuring that they can override during the second session.

No idea if true, but something to ponder.

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    Heard from someone yesterday about the emergency thing. There's talk of a second session this year, and making this bill an emergency would force Hogan to veto it right away if he is going to do so, thus ensuring that they can override during the second session.

No idea if true, but something to ponder.

Don't believe so. If Hogan calls them back it is for a specific reason , that can't add to it.

I am thinking how is this a emergency but the border wall isn't SMH

Malleovic

Apr 21, 2017
    Maryland
    Don't believe so. If Hogan calls them back it is for a specific reason , that can't add to it.

I don't think it would be Hogan.

The General Assembly shall meet on the second Wednesday of January, nineteen hundred and seventy-one, and on the same day in every year thereafter, and at no other time, unless convened by Proclamation of the Governor. A Proclamation convening the General Assembly in extraordinary session must be issued by the Governor if a majority of the members elected to the Senate and a majority of the members elected to the House of Delegates join in a petition to the Governor requesting that he convene the General Assembly in extraordinary session, and the Governor shall convene the General Assembly on the date specified in the petition. This section does not affect the Governor's power to convene the General Assembly in extraordinary session pursuant to Section 16 of Article II of this Constitution.
    They can force a second session if they want to.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011

I am thinking how is this a emergency but the border wall isn't SMH
    Neither are, calling either of them that is an embarrassment.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    The Hogan haters on this board make my head spin. lol. Spent the last 4 years attacking him. If he was a gun hater, why is the legislature going to emergency legislation to dissolve the board. lol. Now suddenly hes one of us because he appointed people to the board which allows people to get permits. Cracks me up.

Hogan is a coward because he did not appoint an MSP Superintendent that he knew would make “self defense” all that was needed for Good & Substantial.

Instead, he appointed citizens that took on the 5th Amendment Trap themselves after he told the appointees to keep things at the HPRB “quiet” so he could give Democrat foot rubs.

God bless our citizen oversight members for THEIR COURAGE in defying political cowardice.

For those members, their reward has been unbridled Democrap criticism and disrespect for their credentials and their work, with no defense from Fat Larry.

All credit to John Michel, Carol Loveless and Bryan Fisher and zero credit to The Coward in the Mansion.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Email reply from Jason Gallion:

Good afternoon.

Thank you for contacting our office regarding SB1000. I am pro-Second Amendment and will be working with my fellow legislators to make sure we protect our constitutional rights. I do not support this bill and as a matter of fact I voted to send it back to committee for reconsideration. We should not repeal the Handgun Permit Review Board. I am working with fellow legislators to prevent the bill from passing.

If you have any other concerns, please do not hesitate to contact our office.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Sen Beidel now speaking. We understand Mike Miller ordered her to bring this bill as punishment for some 2A support stances in the past.

Mike Miller wants to see this bill passed before he dies, it’s that simple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    So, they've got a "special" set of rules for the folks like myself and the other ~300+ people who are in process and will get fvcked over.

I'm on the edge of my seat wating to hear how it will be handled. Or, actually... no, I'm really NOT.

Myself and the other few people I know who are in the process now (haven't been to OAH) will more than likely just say fvck it and give up.

Mission accomplished.
    I'm one of those in the process for removal of restrictions. **** them! Im only 10 minutes from the OAH, so what's to lose. I will file for the OAH and represent myself, even if the outcome of the hearings before me shows that it's a rigged game. I'll at least have the satisfaction of wasting their time. If there are wins on our side, then I might pony up the dollars for a lawyer.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Someone posted here before, OAH *requires* an attorney. Cant represent yourself. Anyway, you want an attorney. Who knows you might be the test case at the 4th circuit or Supreme Court when this blows up in their faces. You want to be there for that.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I'm one of those in the process for removal of restrictions. **** them! Im only 10 minutes from the OAH, so what's to lose. I will file for the OAH and represent myself, even if the outcome of the hearings before me shows that it's a rigged game. I'll at least have the satisfaction of wasting their time. If there are wins on our side, then I might pony up the dollars for a lawyer.

I'd like to attend (as the "public"). I am admittedly fearful of trying to represent myself, particularity in front of a Judge. It was going to be tough enough to speak in front of the HPRB, but I've at least been able to sit in personally on those (few years back).

I can't see how this is going to go down like it's been described by the people who have already gone. The story we are hearing is that the room is like literally 13X15 total. So much for it being open to the public per the law.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I amendment my comment. There are a zillion reasons you want an attorney. The most fun is - you might be the test case at the 4th circuit or Supreme Court when this blows up in their faces. You want to be there for that.

I dont think it'll go as far as the Supreme Court, because by that time we will already have a carry ruling or three from them, so the 4th circuit will simply have to reverse MD court.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I think they posted that a lawyer is needed if you are an LLC, Inc or other such business. I'm a sole proprietor. Most they can do if I'm wrong is throw me out.

That's a wrench for me, I am an LLC and Maryland S Corp for two different businesses. Thing is, I included the fact that I own rental properties in my renewal and they totally ignored it. In this case I am acting (and filing taxes) as a sole proprietor/individual.

In 100% honesty, I was going in front of the HPRB to explain to them that I pick up rents at differing days/times and my choice is to (pretty much) either never carry, or.... always carry. For now, I barely ever do. :o

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    That's a wrench for me, I am an LLC and Maryland S Corp for two different businesses. Thing is, I included the fact that I own rental properties in my renewal and they totally ignored it. In this case I am acting (and filing taxes) as a sole proprietor/individual.

In 100% honesty, I was going in front of the HPRB to explain to them that I pick up rents at differing days/times and my choice is to (pretty much) either never carry, or.... always carry. For now, I barely ever do. :o
    More inconsistencies by MSP. I filed as owner of a lawn business and included that I have rental properties. I submitted all the information for the lawn business but nothing for the rental business. MSP notified me that I had two weeks in order to supply certain information about the rental business or my application would be denied. I supplied the first page of the current rental agreement and deposit slips for the rent and my permit arrived about ten days later.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I supplied them with public records showing the properties I own (in mine, and mine and my wife's name), highlighted the part that shows "non-owner occupant" and highlighted my home address.

Mind you, this is all info that is PUBLIC record. Anyone with an internet connection and my last name could figure it all out in literally 3 minutes flat with barely any investigative skills at all.

So, I'm a MD Certified Real Estate Appraiser for 16 years now, not a single blemish on my record, own an industrial property with 7 tenants and a bunch of outdoor storage tenants, two single family properties and another MD based corporation.

Restricted to only the two main businesses, totally something they chose to do for shits and gigs. Meanwhile they know there are Real Estate Agents (no offense intended) with no other income streams that are on un-restricted permits. I go in ~300 homes a year, about 50% of them are vacant for one reason or another. I do all kinds of fancy stuff to announce myself, truth is, if there is a crackhead hiding behind a closed door who doesn't think I'm supposed to be there.... I'm as good as dead.

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County

I had a lawn customer who owed my several hundred dollars. I billed him repeatedly from Oct - Jan. One Feb night while plowing snow at 3AM, I passed his house and noticed a glimmer of light at the edge of the black plastic that covered the inside of his windows. I stopped and knocked on his door and to my surprise, he answered. When I asked why he hadn't paid me, he reached into his pocket and peeled off several 100 dollar bills and paid me. A few months later he was arrested by the Feds on drug manufacturing and distribution charges. He spent 3 years federal time.

In another instance, I turned down a man who wanted to rent the house that is next door to me. When I did a judicial case search, I found mostly a few bankruptcies, for closures, suits by creditors and nuisance charges. His son had three pages of assaults, arson, domestic violence, gun charges, sex crimes, gun charges, fugitive from justice from PA, and attempted first degree murder. Many of the charge sheets showed his address to be the same as his dad.

He was less then friendly when I notified him that I would not be renting to him.

My first contact with him was face to face in the driveway of the property, so he knows what I look like.

Two months later, a man attempted to rob the Shrewsbury Walmart pharmacy with a shotgun. A customer called 91. A PA state trooper was eating lunch in the McDonalds at the far end of the parking lot and arrived in very short order. As the trooper entered thru the front door, the guy tried to raise the shotgun to shoot the trooper. The trooper pushed the shotgun away and a blast was fired into the wall in the air lock area and the trooper put a bullet into the guy's belly. Too bad he lived.

I was supposed to do our shopping that day at about the same time, but my wife needed some medical supplies, so I went the previous day. Had I gone when I planned, I might have encountered him. With him being pissed at me and my face being fresh in his memory, who knows what might have happened with him being in a state of mind where he was willing to kill a trooper.

I hold a PA carry permit but I cant carry the 6.2 miles to the PA line unless I'm 'conducting business' so I was unarmed.

The MSP's assumption that dangers encountered in the course of business magically disappear when we are off the clock, could very well have cost me my life.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Attention all Bowieites

NO reply from our Grand Exulted Lord Senator Doug Peters (Tory) or his paid lackeys on EITHER of the emails I sent him about this. I formally requested a reply in the second. This is my shocked face...

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    I amendment my comment. There are a zillion reasons you want an attorney. The most fun is - you might be the test case at the 4th circuit or Supreme Court when this blows up in their faces. You want to be there for that.

I dont think it'll go as far as the Supreme Court, because by that time we will already have a carry ruling or three from them, so the 4th circuit will simply have to reverse MD court.
    I would love to have my name known as well as the likes of Dick Heller.

It's not that I cant afford a lawyer, I just have a hard time justifying spending that kind of money on a lost cause. I suppose I'm just a cheap SOB. There have been too many instances where a rainbow of hope has turned into a disappointment for the 2A in MD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom