• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hoping that my experience was a help to you in yours. By you receiving an unrestricted permit, this is another chapter in the book, making future chapters easier to write!

Listening to your testimony definitely helped, my nerves were horrible at 500 but meeting dblas and the others calmed me quite a bit.

My favorite moment of last night other than the final ruling was when the new member on the board said
    "Aye" prematurely

Did you get your permit last night?

Thanks again for every ones help.

Nobody

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    Listening to your testimony definitely helped, my nerves were horrible at 500 but meeting dblas and the others calmed me quite a bit.

My favorite moment of last night other than the final ruling was when the new member on the board said
    "Aye" prematurely

Did you get your permit last night?

Thanks again for every ones help.

Nobody

Yes I did. That was a great feeling.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    My issue is that the way the board is operating is that there can be two identical applicants, one can artfully articulate their reasons and the board 1) understands and 2) agrees, so they will overturn the MSP. There can be a 2nd applicant with the exact same situation, but if he does not articulate it, merely references the past decision, but cannot eloquently relay their argument, then the board sustains.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    My issue is that the way the board is operating is that there can be two identical applicants, one can artfully articulate their reasons and the board 1) understands and 2) agrees, so they will overturn the MSP. There can be a 2nd applicant with the exact same situation, but if he does not articulate it, merely references the past decision, but cannot eloquently relay their argument, then the board sustains.

IMO, that's pretty much everyone's issue. That and the arbitrary and capricious nature of the Board's "decision making" process, and the aggressive and adversarial attitude of the MSP reps toward pretty much everyone. Secret police everywhere are inwardly smiling...

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    IMO, that's pretty much everyone's issue. That and the arbitrary and capricious nature of the Board's "decision making" process, and the aggressive and adversarial attitude of the MSP reps toward pretty much everyone. Secret police everywhere are inwardly smiling...

That unfairness is inevitable because people bring different skill sets to the arena. This is why lawyers were invented.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    That unfairness is inevitable because people bring different skill sets to the arena. This is why lawyers were invented.

I agree, but with the passing cases, precedent should be set. If you own a red car and get a permit, the next person who owns a red car should get a permit too. The board should have the ability to review the cases ahead of time to see if there is precedent to follow.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I agree, but with the passing cases, precedent should be set. If you own a red car and get a permit, the next person who owns a red car should get a permit too. The board should have the ability to review the cases ahead of time to see if there is precedent to follow.

And yet we have a board member, Silent Jacque, who voted to overturn MSP in MXRider's case and yet when the identical case was before him last night was the lone vote to sustain the decision of the Superintendent. :wtf:

He either has no memory or no soul.

At least West was a good hobo and hopped on the overturn MSP freight train when she saw it leaving the station.....

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    It's a damn shame that one has to have the ability to sell ice to eskimos to be able to exercise a God given and constitutionally enumerated right.

Exactly. Even if you can afford an attorney, better hope they know what the hell they are doing and can articulate it on a level the board can understand.

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    And yet we have a board member, Silent Jacque, who voted to overturn MSP in MXRider's case and yet when the identical case was before him last night was the lone vote to sustain the decision of the Superintendent. :wtf:

He either has no memory or no soul.

At least West was a good hobo and hopped on the overturn MSP freight train when she saw it leaving the station.....

In all fairness to Mr. Cohen, he was not present at my hearing. It was Wilson, West and Hollman.

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    For those that feel that feel the board is not fully up to par, I agree, but think about this for a minute.

1. 2 years ago, NOBODY would get an overturn from the HPRB. Rubber stamp MSP was the status quo.
    2. There has been much turnover on the board
    3. Baby Steps
    4. There is now a 5th member which will prevent any tie votes.

There is a long way to go, but we are heading in the right direction.

tsmith1499

Poor C&R Collector
    Jan 10, 2012
    Southern Mount Airy, Md.
    The HPRB situation reminds me of what has happened since FSA2013. Everyone wants things to happen overnight. It didn't get this way overnight and it can't be fixed overnight. Looking at it in your context, there have been great improvements. They may not be what we all would like but improvements none the less. Thank you to all that can make these meetings to try and add some transparency to this process. Maybe I'll make it to one some day.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    For those that feel that feel the board is not fully up to par, I agree, but think about this for a minute.

1. 2 years ago, NOBODY would get an overturn from the HPRB. Rubber stamp MSP was the status quo.
    2. There has been much turnover on the board
    3. Baby Steps
    4. There is now a 5th member which will prevent any tie votes.

There is a long way to go, but we are heading in the right direction.

You're forgetting about the ability to abstain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom