• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    My restrictions were upheld. The fact that they said the restrictions, as worded are unlimited anyway and vague/arbitrary means I'd likely win at circuit court, but no way I can afford that. Oh well, as long as I have my keys I'm within my restriction, I guess I'm stuck with that for this go around...

you should have asked them if they (the board) would be available to testify on your behalf in court if you were ever arrested for a restriction violation while carrying keys.

the follow up question woukd depend on their answer to that.

in reality, applying as an employee, left you little recourse on the restrictions, it had to be limited to business related. it was a lost cause, however i thinknyou shoukd have chimed up when they started making motions, and asked for better wording.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    I believe the gentleman with the camera is working to get it posted tomorrow.

Thanks to mark for the audio streaming!

Tonight contained excellent testimony.

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    Just getting home but I was applicant number one tonight. It was great meeting and talking with everyone. Sorry for not coordinating with everyone prior but I believe in OPSEC.

How did I do?

Well, :thumbsup:you convinced the Board in the affirmative. You spoke calmly and with passion. I'd say you had a great night.

fishertodd

ΜΟΛΏΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    May 12, 2013
    My restrictions were upheld. The fact that they said the restrictions, as worded are unlimited anyway and vague/arbitrary means I'd likely win at circuit court, but no way I can afford that. Oh well, as long as I have my keys I'm within my restriction, I guess I'm stuck with that for this go around...

Then you should have insisted that they remove the restrictions. You pulled defeat from the jaws of victory. Why did you allow them to inflict legal jeopardy (i.e., detainment, arrest, or murder) if your 24/7 restriction is equivalent to an unrestricted permit? You should have requested that they removed the restrictions. Good luck with the Circuit Court.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Thanks to all that contributed to the donut fund. I think 48 donuts may be overkill. 30 may be the sweet spot.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    good meeting.

applicant 1
    restrictions modified to "none"
    gov contractor, clearance, business owner, isis threats, opm breech.
    sets a precedent on a 3rd class of isis/opm threat of "gov contractor", adding to the list of gov emoloyees and retirees with clearance and opm letters.

When MSP continually referenced the joist task force center telling them that no threat exists, you should have asked them if "mva clerk at msp" had sufficient clearance to get a truthful/full answer from the center, or if it was possible that the task force might not tell everything to a pencil pusher.

USAFRavenR6

Apr 7, 2012
    Mur-land
    Honestly, I am more happy with the decision because while I have been on here for a few years, tonight finally felt like I did something in support of getting our rights back. While a small win, a win none the less in my book and I hope it translates to others.

markgrutz

Feb 1, 2011
    Ellicott City, MD
    Does anyone have the audio or video that that can upload? I want to check myself out and show the wife.

I uploaded what I recorded, quiet as it may be, up to the server. Bottom of the screen under "On Demand Content." It will play with the timeline so you can forward or rewind. I am not sure you can download it all or not by right clicking the link, but that might work as well.

http://50.97.94.44:2199/start/mgrutzma/

Mark

USAFRavenR6

Apr 7, 2012
    Mur-land
    good meeting.

applicant 1
    restrictions modified to "none"
    gov contractor, clearance, business owner, isis threats, opm breech.
    sets a precedent on a 3rd class of isis/opm threat of "gov contractor", adding to the list of gov emoloyees and retirees with clearance and opm letters.

When MSP continually referenced the joist task force center telling them that no threat exists, you should have asked them if "mva clerk at msp" had sufficient clearance to get a truthful/full answer from the center, or if it was possible that the task force might not tell everything to a pencil pusher.

Their joint task force report was BS. First, they brought no such report to show the board, they only cited it. Who knows what the report contained. Second, I provided two cases of threats in MD alone which refuted their report. The two cases I referenced both came from the FBI, the same agency the MSP said had input on this report. I asked the Sgt a few times if my reports were incorrect or his report, he couldn't answer.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Thanks to all that contributed to the donut fund. I think 48 donuts may be overkill. 30 may be the sweet spot.

And for the "highlight" of the night I got the last sour crème donut!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cfreeman818

Latest threads

Top Bottom