• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Gryphon I agree with you. I cant help but wonder if Anti AG has called him and "asked" is the nicer way of putting it , not to make any changes in the Lic section.. True he answers to Hogan, but I cant help but wonder if the AG is trying to hold something over him or threatened him with something as well.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Dblas, why beat around the bush? Which one of us is it you feel is being too critical or unrealistic in regards to the board?

I'm sure there are a few and I'm probably one of them. I had some not so nice things to say about the two female board members, but I've only been to one meeting. I guess I don't have full perspective.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Pretty much this, but now we have a clean slate with no members doing anything in anyway any of the former members did. And you are correct, you can't learn experience.

The current members are trying to unfvck a very fvcked up process, how about we keep giving them support to do so as opposed to busting their balls and calling them idiots, and other such names. At some point doing so will bight us in the ass and they will no longer care what we are trying to do because they will look at these threads and then say fvck it, let's get the AG involved and then we are all ****ed.

Sorry Schipperke for picking your post to vent, maybe some of it will sink in to those that keep running their mouths without thinking.

I haven't seen that done on any of the HPRB Meeting threads. Perhaps you could point out some examples since the new Board was seated?

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I can't speak on MSP's official position or statement, but remember Lasuick made a comment about Heller only applying to DC :rolleyes: That just shows where some of their heads are at.
    Actually, Heller does apply only to DC. That's why we have McDonald......

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Actually, Heller does apply only to DC. That's why we have McDonald......

I can't remember the specifics, but it's scotus. There are some precedents set on a federal basis, no?
    At least that's what eveyone in the room was clamoring about when he said it :shrug:

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I can't remember the specifics, but it's scotus. There are some precedents set on a federal basis, no? At least that's what eveyone in the room was clamoring about when he said it :shrug:

Regardless. McDonald incorporated the 2A against the States. They have no recourse.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    You are both correct :thumbsup:

What struck us casual observers was that Lazuick seemed to be suggesting that Heller was no more than a trial court decision, having no ramifications beyond the District of Columbia. Like Rowe v. Wade only being applicable to the state that it came out of. :lol2:

Then [Casey] topped it off last week by proclaiming a permit/right to carry in Maryland was a mere privilege - not just in practice, but under the current law. :sad20:

Like I said, traditions die hard.

Last edited:

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    With regards to Knaub's comments about a permit being a privilege, in Maryland that is true. Woolard affirmed that by way of ruling that g&s was constitutional.

Sad, but true

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Not quite.. it was a facial challenge..it remains to be seen if it survives an as applied challenge..

Knaubs claim is at Best overbroad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom