• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    I want to express my gratitude to HPRB Chairman Bob Wilson--an Eastern Shore 2A Patriot--in his efforts to sort through the conflicts, gaps, inconsistencies and bureaucratic black holes that he inherited when he agreed to lead a board that was cooked up by Western Shore Infringers decades ago, and run by Democrats--away from public view for decades--as a Better Call Saul Shop for well-connected Marylanders.

He does not control who has joined him on the board, and he must sort through legal advice offered by a Brian Frosh functionary.

There is nothing more frustrating than to sit there in the board meeting and to see Chairman Wilson ask his fellow appointees to offer a motion that can be voted on, only to be met with SILENCE while some of his fellow board members stare at the table. What? Some board members are so paralyzed that they cannot even participate in a vote when an excessively burdened applicant has simply asked for a decision, yay or nay?

We hope that our criticisms will be regarded as constructive. We want to see Gov. Hogan's reforms succeed in every corner of the bureaucracy, and we appreciate those who are giving their best efforts toward that end.

Making sure the Gov and his appointees get a chance to keep up the good work through 2022 is my top priority.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    I want to express my gratitude to HPRB Chairman Bob Wilson--an Eastern Shore 2A Patriot--in his efforts to sort through the conflicts, gaps, inconsistencies and bureaucratic black holes that he inherited when he agreed to lead a board that was cooked up by Western Shore Infringers decades ago, and run by Democrats--away from public view for decades--as a Better Call Saul Shop for well-connected Marylanders.

He does not control who has joined him on the board, and he must sort through legal advice offered by a Brian Frosh functionary.

There is nothing more frustrating than to sit there in the board meeting and to see Chairman Wilson ask his fellow appointee to offer a motion that can be voted on, only to be met with SILENCE while some of his fellow board members stare at the table. What? Some board members are so paralyzed that they cannot even participate in a vote when an excessively burdened applicant has simply asked for a decision, yay or nay?

We hope that our criticisms will be regarded as constructive. We want to see Gov. Hogan's reforms succeed in every corner of the bureaucracy, and we appreciate those who are giving their best efforts toward that end.

Making sure the Gov and his appointees get a chance to keep up the good work through 2022 is my top priority.

:thumbsup:

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Just so no one is confused by my lengthy diatribe above, I was not criticizing the desire to provide a secure environment in which the Board and the public can conduct and observe these meetings. Quite the contrary, as I was simply suggesting there is more than enough building security and armed MSP in attendance at the meetings that the secondary sign in list just strikes me as an unnecessary distraction. Other than the observed inconsistencies, I was not complaining or suggesting the building/lobby security procedures are improper. Some of our compadres already established that much via a prior complaint to the OMA Compliance Board. See https://www.oag.state.md.us/Opinions/Open2013/9omcb296.pdf

In the Reisterstown Road facility there was no lobby desk or security in the evenings, but DPSCS required a list of entrants to after normal hour functions, so a sign in outside the HPRB meetings was required. Now, in Crownsville, almost everyone (except some special exempt folks?) are signing in at the lobby desk.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I would love for EL1227 to work his magic with this song.

We could rename it "HPRB Signs".

Here's a start -

And the sign said long haired mobility impaired grandmas, need not apply.

The state of Maryland hates you and took away your 2A right.

State police say you don't have Good and Substantial, and the board agrees with them,

Have a nice day, now go away, and oh, did you sign in?

Signs, signs, everywhere signs, asking for your email and infringing your rights......

Magnumst

Ultimate Member
    Mar 26, 2013
    WOW! Just finished reading this thread and on one hand I'm sorry I missed this meeting but on the other hand I'm glad I did. I don't have a BP problem but this may have started one. I too have a problem with a double sign in with all my personal info be passed around the room. I don't have a problem with the sign in at the lobby but once you have past the security of the front desk one should not have to provide ID and other personal information for a PUBLIC meeting. There is no reason for more then a quick weapons wanding at the door to the meeting which bring up the hypocrisy of the MSP and HPRB. They require all this security for their protection all the while denying the average citizen the same.

I hope anyone that has a hearing coming up or even if you think you may have one in the future, you are taking notes. There is a ton of great points and rebuttals in this thread that can be used to strengthen your case.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    I would like to acknowledge that when I refused to sign the "registration log" last night at the HPRB, I did so standing on the shoulders of Cypherpunk--who did exactly that last year in front of the "old" HPRB-- and with courage mustered up by the knowledge that DC-W and Cypherpunk won their administrative challenge to force the "old" HRPB into the open under the Democrat "fixers" who used to run it.

Bravo Cypherpunk and DC-W!

Last edited:

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    I did see that a "Jenny" attended the meeting last night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    As far as the extra sign sheet, I have never provided more than my name & home town. No phone or email. No one has ever said anything, or seemingly even noticed. Montoya32, I didn't notice that Jenny, LOL.

As to something Jaybeez said, room acoustics seem to be a strong function of where you sit. The other side seemed to have an AC vent directly over the audience seating, I never could hear anything except wind roar. Last night there was almost no ambient noise where we were, but the chairman seemed to be in the AC "cone of silence" and asked the guard at the back of the room to turn it off so he could hear.

PS was the room guard/sign in list guy MSP or something else, maybe DPSCS? His badge was different from the MSP officers.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    I think you are being just plain silly.

It is a state owned property. I have no problem with the state keeping track of who is visiting any particular property.

You seem to enjoy being cantankerous just for the sake of being cantankerous.

Explain the hypocracy above ^

You complain that the current administration is infringing on 2A rights...

And then you say you "have no problem" with the Sign-Up Sheet infringement on personal privacy...

So which is it? Your ox not being gored is how you roll?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom