• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ibang1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2011
    Perry Hall
    I just ordered my son the Tippmann Salvo with HPA for his birthday. I've been reading around and everyone recommends to spend the money on a HPA. Where can I go and get the bottle filled? Will most dive shops fill an HPA?

Anyone recommend a good place?

Was this a mistake and should I just gotten a CO2 bottle instead?

Cis-Lunar

Jun 27, 2008
    I just ordered my son the Tippmann Salvo with HPA for his birthday. I've been reading around and everyone recommends to spend the money on a HPA. Where can I go and get the bottle filled? Will most dive shops fill an HPA?

Anyone recommend a good place?

Was this a mistake and should I just gotten a CO2 bottle instead?

Here is what i recommend. And i know nothing of paint ball but a whole lot about scuba and filling cylinders. Get a used scuba cylinder and put a valve on it thats not junk. IF YOU ARE BUYING AN ALUMINUM CYLINDER DO NOT BUY 6351 ALLOYS. They kill people when they crack and most shops will not fill them any more. Aluminum tanks are 3000 psi. Steels can go as high as 3442. So if you need to fill the paintball cylinder to 3000 psi, since you are in essence "transfilling" you will get exactly one fill of your paintball tank to 3000 psi. All the other fills that it will do will drop in pressure until the tank is empty. You will need a scuba either yoke/din to paintball adaptor with a gauge on it to fill. Total cost for all this stuff is roughly $150-$180. You re-fill your tank from a local scuba shop and then re-fill your paintball cylinder a good bunch of times. Its going to save you from going to the store to get your paintball tank filled every time he wants to play and its going to pay for itself after a bunch of fills too I actually have all this stuff at home and the scuba adaptor is a year old. I will sell you the tank, the valve, the filling adaptor that gos with it for $125. You just go fill up your scuba tank at your local shop and your good to go. The tank will need to be inspected every 5 years hydrostatically but its good now and visually inspected every yr with a sticker in order for shops to fill them. It has been visually inspected this year already. PM me if you want this stuff

ibang1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2011
    Perry Hall
    Here is what i recommend. And i know nothing of paint ball but a whole lot about scuba and filling cylinders. Get a used scuba cylinder and put a valve on it thats not junk. IF YOU ARE BUYING AN ALUMINUM CYLINDER DO NOT BUY 6351 ALLOYS. They kill people when they crack and most shops will not fill them any more. Aluminum tanks are 3000 psi. Steels can go as high as 3442. So if you need to fill the paintball cylinder to 3000 psi, since you are in essence "transfilling" you will get exactly one fill of your paintball tank to 3000 psi. All the other fills that it will do will drop in pressure until the tank is empty. You will need a scuba either yoke/din to paintball adaptor with a gauge on it to fill. Total cost for all this stuff is roughly $150-$180. You re-fill your tank from a local scuba shop and then re-fill your paintball cylinder a good bunch of times. Its going to save you from going to the store to get your paintball tank filled every time he wants to play and its going to pay for itself after a bunch of fills too I actually have all this stuff at home and the scuba adaptor is a year old. I will sell you the tank, the valve, the filling adaptor that gos with it for $125. You just go fill up your scuba tank at your local shop and your good to go. The tank will need to be inspected every 5 years hydrostatically but its good now and visually inspected every yr with a sticker in order for shops to fill them. It has been visually inspected this year already. PM me if you want this stuff

You must have read my mind as I was searching the web and thought about getting a scuba tank. I understand that you need to have the tanks tested every year. For the aluminum tanks are they only good for number of years. I saw some carbon fiber tanks and was rated for 15 years only. I could see the weight savings but the cost of the tank seem impracticable.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    What's the fill pressure of your gun? Some of my hpa airguns are 2500+. Only get a couple full fills off a scuba tank. A carbon tank is 4500psi iirc and I get a whole bunch of fills to full off it. Weight isn't the main advantage, just a side benefit. The fewer # of refills needed over its life easily pays for the cost of the tank (esp gas + hassle of refill factor). Look up network54 Joe brancato and jds airman. Both sell tanks and microbore hose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom