• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    Buy local. Buy often. Shop around and find the best place for you and your hard-earned money. Don't pay any mind to any gun store commandos who talk like they have been a cowboy for 20 years but have never ridden a horse.

When you buy over the internet, you have to pay shipping and transfer fees. Plus you have to consider if the gun is compliant with MD state laws. Internet shopping is good for finding things that are hard to get or locate. But if you buy something from a dude in Iowa and it's not working right or not exactly what you thought, who are you going to take it to?

As far as additional fees, there is a $10 application fee for regulated weapons in MD. Some places charge additional for an integrated lock for pistols, so make sure you check with that before you sign any paperwork and then get hit with more charges when you pick it up.

Welcome to the forums and I'll be seeing you soon when you stop in!

-Andy

Good point. Something I forgot to mention.

TROOPER

Ultimate Member
    May 22, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    OK, here goes... let the flaming begin LOL

Just completed my NRA first steps course at Continental Arms, I thought they were a good bunch of guys.

Here's my target from 25' with 20 rounds from the Sig P226 (awesome gun), and this is the first time I've fired in over 10 years LOL

Attachments

• Target1 - Sig P226 - 5-24-2011 - 20rnds.jpg
      Target1 - Sig P226 - 5-24-2011 - 20rnds.jpg
      18.1 KB · Views: 151

shaddydan

ADHD chicken fighter
    Oct 22, 2010
    Hydes
    OK, here goes... let the flaming begin LOL

Just completed my NRA first steps course at Continental Arms, I thought they were a good bunch of guys.

Here's my target from 25' with 20 rounds from the Sig P226 (awesome gun), and this is the first time I've fired in over 10 years LOL

Lookin good Trooper!

TROOPER

Ultimate Member
    May 22, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Anyone suggest an alternative to the Sig P226..??

Just looking to try something else before I make a commitment on the Sig.

First off I'm looking for a 9mm, and not looking for a Glock LOL..

I'll tell you what I like about the Sig, the double action & single action, the full length slide runners, the de-cocker, the ease of take down.

I also like the visual hammer unlike the glock, I don't know what you called the 'hidden' hammer LOL.

This is recreational range shooting only, not carry or home protection.

Hoping to get on the range this weekend, or at least in the next week. So I'd like to try another gun before I throw money down on a Sig.

Thanks for any suggestions guys.

TROOPER

Ultimate Member
    May 22, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Really, you're not a fan then? LOL

While I would rather get a bigger caliber, this is just for the range, and is going to be cost effective for an ongoing hobby.

I'm still really digging the Sig, just thought I'd check out something else before burning several hundred dollars on the Sig.

Guderian

Mar 31, 2011
    My buddy and I shot there Friday, May 27th. He is shopping for a new 9mm as well and rented the Sig P226 and loved it. I suggested he try the Sig P229 at a later date. Two other options you may want to consider if you like hammer fired pistols are the H&K P30 and FNP-9. Unfortunately, CA does not rent either of those so if you want to try before you buy, you're going to have to find another place or wait until CA opens its new showroom. They said they would have more rentals to offer after opening their new showroom, but I did not get any specifics.

TROOPER

Ultimate Member
    May 22, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    oooh, when are Continental opening a new showroom, and where is it going to be?

I was just there again today (yes, shooting the Sig again).

adodson

Jun 12, 2007
    Towson, MD
    oooh, when are Continental opening a new showroom, and where is it going to be?

I was just there again today (yes, shooting the Sig again).

Hopefully in the next couple of weeks. Going to be in the same building, but up in the front. It looks fantastic and is sure to live up to expectations. Sad that I won't be around to see it, but I'll swing by sometime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom