• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sid.

Feb 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Do others concur with this statement? I was going to pick up a pair but indoor protection is imperative.

I double up indoors with Surefire plugs or some custom mold plugs. Outdoors they work fine. The Impact Sports tend to feel a little tight after a while. I haven't tried gel cups, though. The plugs indoors let me readjust/let some air circulate without having to step off the range.

I have noticed that I can partially break the seal if I turn my head too much.

GoldGunsGirls

May 30, 2012
    Rockville
    I also paid $46 for mine... but about 6 weeks ago. Ugh. And I think I've used them only once since I bought them. Should have been more patient....

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    I have a set and they work very well. They are trim enough that they do not interfere with head position when I'm shooting any of my rifles in competition. You can hear range commands and conversations clearly but eliminate the noise of gunfire sufficiently enough that it is not an issue. My wife gave me the set I have for Christmas a few years ago. If you shoot highpower, these are far better than those bulky headphones.

EliteContent

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 3, 2013
    Dont feel bad, I think I paid $47 for mine last year.

I did too.

Had it out with Amazon, and explained that I was just going to return under my prime membership and order again.

They said that is what I needed to do.

What bad customer service.

GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD
    Do others concur with this statement? I was going to pick up a pair but indoor protection is imperative.

I should have been more clear with this statement... shooting 9mm, 45 AFP or other common calibers indoors is fine. If I start running 357 or 44 indoors I double up. I would absolutely double up if I were shooting an AR indoors.

I sometimes double up outside if I'm shooting my AR10 w/ break as well. If I get a good cheekweld I find that it can cause muffs to let a little extra sound in. Maybe I just have fat cheeks or something.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    FYI, for anybody who needs replacement ear cushions/foam for their Howard Leight Impact Sports, I ran across them for $7.25 + shipping ($1.99 for two), about half of what Amazon charges, here: https://www.fullsource.com/howard-leight-1015280/

It says they're Howard Leight brand, so they should be OEM. Will find out soon.

Looks like they have replacements for other models, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom