• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    Precision was there, amazing the inventory they have. They must use an 18 Wheeler from WV (of course just exaggerating).

Picked up AR parts from them also the guy who purchased Top Hats inventory was there.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Decent show for this venue, not undersized as it has been a few times in the past. All the usual folks were there. SCSG looked like the best prices on ammo, as usual.

One vendor still trying to sell sub2k's for $600 like it's 2020. :rolleyes:

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Dropped off some stuff at SCSG I needed to get rid of, got some 6.5 creedmore ammo I needed (Dad left me a nice Savage 6.5 so I wanted to buy the stuff he shot out of it). Made my gun show donation to MSI
    I miss the candy coated nut girl.

What was the deal with the RPG, was that some sort of raffle?

linkstate

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Howard County
    Worth going to tomorrow???

I didn’t go today but have been several times in the recent past.

Worth it is subjective depending on what you are looking for.

For example, I go to Dulles usually for magazines, Georgia Arms and the odd part or older blued steel and walnut long guns. I don’t go for a Glock 19. Not worth the hassle over my favorite local FFL.

I go to the Howard show if I have nothing else to do to see what SCSG has, target guy (good variety) and whatever I may stumble into.

There is one vendor that seems to have every model of 10/22 made which is cool to see without having to special order (pretty sure they come to both Howard and Timonium shows). There is usually a guy with a selection of gun rugs that are decent quality for smoking prices. All sizes.

There is another vendor that has a nice selection of handguns including older S&Ws and Rugers. I always look but their prices are too high IMO. I should try to haggle some time.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I’m gonna swing by tomorrow for no other reason then to take the kids and give the wife a nap

python

Apr 15, 2010
    Looking for grips for S&W 38/44 N frame, any chance on picking up a set?
    You're kidding, right? I go to Maryland gun shows just to support them. I have very low expectations of finding anything that interests me. That being said, the show was very small and sparsely attended on Saturday afternoon. BTW, you may have some luck on the S&W forum finding those stocks..

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    You're kidding, right? I go to Maryland gun shows just to support them. I have very low expectations of finding anything that interests me. That being said, the show was very small and sparsely attended on Saturday afternoon. BTW, you may have some luck on the S&W forum finding those stocks..
    Was it that bad? I was planning on going today for nothing else but to take my kids to entertain them and go meet South Carroll since I now live close by.

Would it even give me an hour?

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Was it that bad? I was planning on going today for nothing else but to take my kids to entertain them and go meet South Carroll since I now live close by.

Would it even give me an hour?
    You should go and find out for yourself. Gun show reports are so subjective. Are the kids old enough to decide for themselves if it sucks, or can you make it fun for them whether they know it or not? What else are you going to do with them on a rainy day anyway?

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    I didn’t go today but have been several times in the recent past.

Worth it is subjective depending on what you are looking for.

For example, I go to Dulles usually for magazines, Georgia Arms and the odd part or older blued steel and walnut long guns. I don’t go for a Glock 19. Not worth the hassle over my favorite local FFL.

I go to the Howard show if I have nothing else to do to see what SCSG has, target guy (good variety) and whatever I may stumble into.

There is one vendor that seems to have every model of 10/22 made which is cool to see without having to special order (pretty sure they come to both Howard and Timonium shows). There is usually a guy with a selection of gun rugs that are decent quality for smoking prices. All sizes.

There is another vendor that has a nice selection of handguns including older S&Ws and Rugers. I always look but their prices are too high IMO. I should try to haggle some time.
    There was a vendor there that had an old S&W that I would have bought if it was in original condition and not priced at double what it was worth. Seriously, this model can be found on GB in the original box with all the factory tools and papers for less. There's always that one dealer that is looking for the one person that doesn't know what they are looking at and will spend stupid money. Still, there are some good deals at other tables, just depends on what you are looking for.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    So I ended up going. Way less AR junk than I expected. This was more of a gun flea market and I liked it. Walked around with the kids for a bit. Grabbed my boss a few boxes of coyote ammo. Was $5 a box higher then what my boss paid last year but not unreasonably priced) But accomplished my mission of meeting the owner of SCSG. He had a very nice Chinese SKS at his table and the cheapest Sub2k’s at the show. His Sub2K was $100 less than one of the other folks.

Worth the $8 just to show my kids some interesting non gun things like the bug table.

python

Apr 15, 2010
    There was a vendor there that had an old S&W that I would have bought if it was in original condition and not priced at double what it was worth. Seriously, this model can be found on GB in the original box with all the factory tools and papers for less. There's always that one dealer that is looking for the one person that doesn't know what they are looking at and will spend stupid money. Still, there are some good deals at other tables, just depends on what you are looking for.
    I always bring a couple of guns with me for a possible sale or trade. I saw a Browning Hi Power for sale for $3K. I had the exact same gun that I was prepared to sell for a lot less.

noddaz

bonehead
    Jan 9, 2014
    Arnold
    I made it to the show today. And I made a purchase. No, not beef jerky. I bought an old Harrison & Richardson single shot shotgun that dates from 1946.
    I bought it for the incredible sum of $62.50. It was on sale for 50% off. On closer inspection the front sight bead is broken off and the firing pin is broken. Whatever. I will find one.
    And then on the way out I bought 100 rounds of .223 for my AR.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    So I ended up going. Way less AR junk than I expected. This was more of a gun flea market and I liked it. Walked around with the kids for a bit. Grabbed my boss a few boxes of coyote ammo. Was $5 a box higher then what my boss paid last year but not unreasonably priced) But accomplished my mission of meeting the owner of SCSG. He had a very nice Chinese SKS at his table and the cheapest Sub2k’s at the show. His Sub2K was $100 less than one of the other folks.

Worth the $8 just to show my kids some interesting non gun things like the bug table.
    Brian is definitely good people. Glad it was worth the trip. Hopefully some good memories for the kids.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    All my grandfathers guns got away after he died, and he had a Nylon 66 in Apache Black that I really wanted. I fondled a Nylon 66 at the show and I couldn’t believe how cheap it felt. It was super light and had way too much plastic in it. I can’t believe what those things are selling for now. I don’t think I’ll have one in my future.

I got a kick out of the table selling the bug collection. They had some type of cicada they wanted $35 for.

I sold my SKS to South Carroll and walked around for 20 mins or so, didn’t really see anything that I had to have.

Some of you all need to wake up on the classifieds. A few times I’ve listed guns for sale on the classifieds and got no takers (the SKS being the most recent example), yet a shop pays the price I was asking presumably to sell for more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom