• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    All you folks there this morning... how many dropped by the MSI table? I can only think of 2 who even mentioned MDS.

I stopped by the MSI table and gave a donation of $10 - picked up a chamber flag also.

And no, I did not mention MDS because I don't know the secret handshake.

-- As for the show, I did get everything I went looking for, plus some.

Got 1lb Bullseye for Makarov reloading and a weight calibration kit from Lyman to verify the beam scale.

Got a pair of $300 leather gloves from Top Hat that he discounted to $3 - does he always charge $300 for EVERYTHING?

Got some 9mm 115gr plated bullets for eventual Luger reloading.

6pack

MSI BOD Member
    Apr 2, 2012
    Eldersburg, MD
    Just say hi and what your MDS name is. I'd love to meet most of you. :)

I thought the show had some great deals and the traffic was a little low, so there will probably be better deals tomorrow. :)

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    The ammo CAN-MAN has a bunch of ammo cans; .30, .50, SAW, and 40mm cans available at the show tomorrow with prices starting at $12.00 each.

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    Picked up a few of the items I was looking for, some .308 match ammo, 2 brand new .50cal ammo cans for $15 each, & the molded earplugs. Plus I found a Remington rolling block rifle that my father has been looking for. Didn't see the Mossy 44 I've been looking for though. And I said hey to the grumpy old bastard but his hearing aids must not have been turned up.

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    I thought the show was very good. Precision Firearms had a really nice set up. Lou had some great prices as mentioned. I think he had one of those cheap Glocks left, but I don't have an HQL.

It was good to meet Fred (SB281 Blaster) who had the table next to Shooters Discount. Lots of nice guns with good prices as well.

Ammo for the most part was high, but cheaper than getting it shipped in some places. There was .22 ammo, but some folks pricing was just a tad more than buying an equal amount of gold. Lots of .22 short, .357 shot caps and oh yea, beef jerky.

ETA: Lots of AR lowers magnesium, alum billet, forged. Prices from about $80 (I think) to $250. I missed the powder but picked up a few things including a nice shiny new Benchmade knife.

MachtSchnell

Jul 30, 2012
    Carroll County
    Made the trip, but didn't buy anything.

Got some ammo - beats having to pay $15 S&H when ordering on line. My son bought a couple of Spyderco knives.

I didn't pay much mind to the knife vendors, but you really have to be carful with the possibility of counterfeit Spyderco knives. If you check out the Spyderco forums, bladeforums, etc... you will find that there are extremely well made counterfeit knives being produced that are difficult to distinguish from genuine products. Not saying that the vendors are selling fakes, but its a possibility. I limit my knife purchases to brick and mortar stores, or trusted online vendors.

ground chuck

Rookie Jedi
    Sep 28, 2013
    Charm City County
    I thought the show was very good. Precision Firearms had a really nice set up. Lou had some great prices as mentioned. I think he had one of those cheap Glocks left, but I don't have an HQL.

It was good to meet Fred (SB281 Blaster) who had the table next to Shooters Discount. Lots of nice guns with good prices as well.

Ammo for the most part was high, but cheaper than getting it shipped in some places. There was .22 ammo, but some folks pricing was just a tad more than buying an equal amount of gold. Lots of .22 short, .357 shot caps and oh yea, beef jerky.

ETA: Lots of AR lowers magnesium, alum billet, forged. Prices from about $80 (I think) to $250. I missed the powder but picked up a few things including a nice shiny new Benchmade knife.
    What benchmade did you get. I cant decide on which one I want.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    All you folks there this morning... how many dropped by the MSI table? I can only think of 2 who even mentioned MDS.

I stopped by, have met Mxrider before so didn't think to mention MDS.
    Found some powder but still think you can find better prices on ammo online.
    Saw a sign at the ammo place about Russian sanctions did the banning of Kalashnikov include ammo in some way?
    Decent show. Still haven't met Mopar and saw no good tshirts.

Last edited:

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Picked up some Ballistol and Flitz. Have some cleanin' to do. Briefly stopped by MSI on the way in, said "Hi," but didn't know the secret handshake, either, didn't identify myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom