• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    Not a bad show but etiquette question. I watched one dealer obviously trying to make a AR-15 sale and he was giving customer bad info on a mini-14 on what it could fire. In this case he was telling potential customer it could not fire 5.56 which if you know the basic MINI-14 is not the case per Ruger which is even covered in manual. I noticed he was not selling MINI-14s. Didn't interfere with sales effort but but stopped looking at anything for that particular dealer.

Possibly true in regards to the Mini-14 Target. Also remember, we're human and make mistakes. Few have dedicated their lives to firearms and can remember every little detail.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Not a bad show but etiquette question. I watched one dealer obviously trying to make a AR-15 sale and he was giving customer bad info on a mini-14 on what it could fire. In this case he was telling potential customer it could not fire 5.56 which if you know the basic MINI-14 is not the case per Ruger which is even covered in manual. I noticed he was not selling MINI-14s. Didn't interfere with sales effort but but stopped looking at anything for that particular dealer.

As mopar alluded to...

http://ruger.com/products/mini14TargetRifle/models.html

Quote from Ruger:
    "Mini-14 Target Rifles ONLY accept .223 Rem. ammunition. 5.56 NATO can not be used in this model."

If the buyer in question was looking for a precision/target rifle, then the dealer provided accurate info.

6pack

MSI BOD Member
    Apr 2, 2012
    Eldersburg, MD
    There was one M38 when I walked through between 0900 and 1000, but perhaps it was taken after I walked by.

I went wandering around 3:00 during a slow spot for MSI; didn't see it. :(

That's was us with the M44's over at South Carroll Sporting Goods.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Sorry I missed saying hi to you. I saw you walking around while I was at the MSI table, but didn't see you when I went shopping. I was hoping you had a Polish M44, but didn't see one. Nice selection though. :)

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    Went back and spent more money today. The rifle I almost missed seeing yesterday followed me home! Mopar stopped by while I was B.S.ing at the MSI table.
    That Precision Firearms side charging upper receiver I picked up yesterday is now on my
    6mm HAGAR. That upper fit my lower perfectly and the Krieger barrel was a very close fit. I will definitely be buying more of those in the future!:clap:

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Didn't make it after all. You know this family stuff really gets in the way some times.

Harris

Jul 20, 2014
    Good show: 500 rounds of .45 ACP for $160.00 - a little disappointed with the gun prices (used HK 9mm P30 for $700!)

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    I looked at the sub 2ks and passed on them at that price. Same with a Rossi circuit judge. Wound up picking up a black powder rifle for a friend of mine who had been looking for a reasonably priced Hawken rifle. Found one... got it home... took some of the minor surface rust off of it... put a rod down the barrel... and found out why it was reasonably priced. Feels like a cleaning jag lodged down the barrel. And now I have another project.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom