• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    What exactly did you think? I was going to comment about your dishonesty on not reporting deer that you are not going to eat or you misguided theory on why animals need to be tagged and reported, but I'll pass. Hopefully you read from others the legal reasons why. The unlimited does comment was a big miss on your part and ain't gonna happen on antlered deer was just equally disappointing from someone who types "Honor as a way of life, in all things and at all times".
    I don't want to get into a pissing contest with a member of the worlds police so my final comment will be....Hang up and drive.

Honor as a way of life. In all things. At all times. Sarcasm. Directed towards people who break the laws of this country every, single, day.

Then come on here and preach about doing the right thing when it comes to eatable wood rats. AKA: Deer.

And I never text and drive. Because it's extremely dangerous and kills people. Far more egregious then not checking in a rotting deer carcass.

First rule off pissing contests. Don't start a pissing contest.

And regardless of what you think about my original post. I am more than ethical in the woods. My numerous comments on deer hunting over the years bears this out.

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    In South Carolina, on opening day, in the middle of August, at a commercial hunting place, it's just not possible to recover and process all the deer they shoot the first afternoon. Even though they use dogs, soon it's 2 am and they shot at 20 some deer and still have a handful to look for.

A friend of mine who was a regular down there, when told by the owner that they would have to look for his deer in the morning, said, I guess that deer will be going to the gut pile. The owner said you will either take it home and eat it or eat it here for supper next year. They found it the next morning, he had it butchered and said it was one of the best deer he had ever eaten.

Drives? Sounds unethical to shoot at a big herd of running deer like that, when they all know they will lose half or more of them in the swamp. If they are hunting on stands, then the loss rate is really ridiculous= bad shots.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    It's just the way they do things down there. If they ever did a hunting show on that, it would probably doom us all, but, I do understand it.

MikeTF

Ultimate Member
    33970-primary-0-740x560.jpg

Hunter and Hound - 1892, Winslow Homer

Controversial at the time because some felt it depicted a hunting method of driving deer into the river and then drowning them by boat.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    33970-primary-0-740x560.jpg

Hunter and Hound - 1892, Winslow Homer

Controversial at the time because some felt it depicted a hunting method of driving deer into the river and then drowning them by boat.

I have a cousin who actually tried to do that in the Potomac.:innocent0

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom