• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chillman

Sep 20, 2012
    Annapolis
    My FFL seems to be standing behind not releasing without the MSP ND which will put me past 10/1. What is the process for transferring to a new FFL? Can it be transferred now that the paperwork has already been submitted?

fire_medic

Nov 16, 2008
    Calvert County
    My FFL seems to be standing behind not releasing without the MSP ND which will put me past 10/1. What is the process for transferring to a new FFL? Can it be transferred now that the paperwork has already been submitted?

I too would like this answered. MSAR is holding 3 firearms hostage.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Have the current dealer cancel the transfer with MSP. This can be done.

Then, have the current dealer send the firearm to another dealer that will release on time. Get the paperwork started there and then go pick up your firearm 8 days after the paperwork is faxed to MSP.

MSP will love additional paperwork in the form of the cancellation and then the Form 77r being sent again. It has nobody to blame though, other than the dealers that are not releasing timely.

fire_medic

Nov 16, 2008
    Calvert County
    Have the current dealer cancel the transfer with MSP. This can be done.

Then, have the current dealer send the firearm to another dealer that will release on time. Get the paperwork started there and then go pick up your firearm 8 days after the paperwork is faxed to MSP.

MSP will love additional paperwork in the form of the cancellation and then the Form 77r being sent again. It has nobody to blame though, other than the dealers that are not releasing timely.

MSAR says on their receipt that there is a $75 restocking fee on cancellations and Disapproved. How can they charge a restocking fee when the item never left their stock?

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    They can do whatever they want.

But I would guess their side would be that the fee is for 1) storing the firearm and 2) not being able to sell it to somone else for that time period.

chillman

Sep 20, 2012
    Annapolis
    Restocking fee and transfer fee to new FFL. I'm going to try to politely get my FFL some info but I don't think they are budging. If a national company like bass pro is releasing early it must be legal.

MSAR says on their receipt that there is a $75 restocking fee on cancellations and Disapproved. How can they charge a restocking fee when the item never left their stock?

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    They can do whatever they want.

But I would guess their side would be that the fee is for 1) storing the firearm and 2) not being able to sell it to somone else for that time period.

They could not sell it anyway. Question is whether they have had the OP's money during that time period. I mean, he could not actually use his money during that time period either.

I think it all comes down to:

1) Did the buyer know at the time of sale that the firearm would not be released until an ND came back?

2) At the time of sale, did the seller disclose the current lead time, as then reported by MSP, for obtaining an ND?

3) Was any assurance made to the buyer that a HQL would NOT be needed to pick up the firearm?

I can probably think of something additional factors, but that would be my starting point.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Restocking fee and transfer fee to new FFL. I'm going to try to politely get my FFL some info but I don't think they are budging. If a national company like bass pro is releasing early it must be legal.

Well, you need to take into consideration what a HQL will cost in dollars, time, and aggravation. If you are going to get the HQL anyways, then no sweat.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I would point out that if you have paid in full for the firearm , and you're not asking for a refund , there is no "canceled sale" involved.

They did submit a 77R on your behalf , so you're out the specific fee.

And since I doubt the situation occured to anyone , presumably no mention of shipping and handling fees outbound , so you're at their mercy for handling fees.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom