How to shoot outdoors in Central Maryland?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 94rover

MDS Supporter
    I'm a relatively new gun owner from Howard County and the only ranges that I know of around here are all indoor, which kind of sucks because I want to try longer distance rifle shooting. I saw a few clubs on the interactive map but they all have different requirements for membership, what should I do if I just want an outdoor range or shooting area to frequent?
    Join a club then AGC

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Join a club then AGC
    MSI membership counts as a club, so that makes it even easier.

Yes , join MSI regardless, and right away .

That said , the OP being newer to shooting may be well served by Also joining one of the several active , full service Clubs with an active calender across a range of shooting disciplines, club events , etc .

Stand by for members of such Clubs inviting you , and sharing the merits of their Clubs.

Added - Yes , it is common and perfectly acceptable to belong to multiple Assocated Clubs . It's very easy for people to belong to 3 or more that are affiliated with AGC .

The #1 and #2 Maryland 2A Orgs are affiliated. Plus a full spectrum all around Club . Plus a Club focused on a particular competition or collecting niche .

Last edited:

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Don't know first hand , but you can call the Green Ridge SF Ranger Station and find out .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom