• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kagetsu

Feb 4, 2009
    I have a standard Colt.
    Colt-Standard.jpg

It has an Aimpoint PRO. I like red dot rifles to have a flash light mounted but haven't added one because the hand guard doesn't make that easy. So that lowers it for a grab and go when I have another choice. So I picked a Colt upper with a medium profile barrel and an M-lok hand guard that could be easily fitted with a light making it complete without messing up the standard hardware.
    Colt-upper.jpg

But the red dot I was going to put on was roughly $1000. So that brought up the idea of using a LPVS since it was in the same price range and I only have one of those. It's a Kahlas so any scope is going to have to compete with it's glass. It definitely puts the Strike Eagle out of the running.

But would I add a light to a scope rifle? I finally decided that 800 lumens was sufficient for inside 100yrds. with the red dots.

I have a rifle mounting a 3x magnifier. I'd like to up grade that so one way or another I'm probably getting an LPVS. But which to choose. I am leaning towards the Razor 1-6.

Last edited:

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    A light with lpvs is fine.
    This.

I've used my rein one and surefire 640 on carbines with LPVOs out to 150 to 200yd. I wouldn't want to be doing target discrimination but assuming all-hostile environment, no issues. I actually prefer the magnified optics pretty heavily.

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    Can’t go wrong with the razor. I have a 16 inch gun build around a Criterion barrel that has a Nightforce Nx8 1-8 and I have no regrets. At 17oz it’s a killer LPVO and has a truly daylight bright dot. That said, it does have a shorter eye box versus the razor, but I’ve had no issues.

I also run a Surefire 640DF tailcap only and it works great with the LPVO.

My only suggestion is don’t skimp on scope rings.
    IMG_0007.jpeg

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Can’t go wrong with the razor. I have a 16 inch gun build around a Criterion barrel that has a Nightforce Nx8 1-8 and I have no regrets. At 17oz it’s a killer LPVO and has a truly daylight bright dot. That said, it does have a shorter eye box versus the razor, but I’ve had no issues.

I also run a Surefire 640DF tailcap only and it works great with the LPVO.

My only suggestion is don’t skimp on scope rings.
    View attachment 441689
    That's a sweet build. You can't go wrong with that. I especially like the position(for a righty) of the light. It's right there for the thumb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom