• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • halsem

Dec 18, 2017
    I have a Pietta 1862 6 shot police pistol, only shot once.
    I am trying to find a way to sell it. I know some folks don't like it because it is not a model of an actual gun, but I like the 1860 army style in 36 cal.
    Can anyone suggest the best way that I could sell it. Within MD I believe it is unlicensed/unregulated so I could potentially sell it like any other item but I am a bit wary. I could sell it to a trader but will not probably get more than $100 for it.

I have a Pietta 1862 6 shot police pistol, only shot once.
    I am trying to find a way to sell it. I know some folks don't like it because it is not a model of an actual gun, but I like the 1860 army style in 36 cal.
    Can anyone suggest the best way that I could sell it. Within MD I believe it is unlicensed/unregulated so I could potentially sell it like any other item but I am a bit wary. I could sell it to a trader but will not probably get more than $100 for it.

Muzzleloaders- including revolvers loaded from the cylinder's muzzle are unregulated. You can sell it the same as a pocketknife or a pack of gum.

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    OP, BP pistols are not regulated in Marylandistan as posted.

Cabelas carried the 1862 Police 36 cal in the Pietta line several years ago for approx $270 retail:
    http://www.cabelas.com/product/Shoo...edium=AFF&utm_source=40661&rid=12&WT.tsrc=AFF

I wouldn't get your hopes up about getting a high price for it tho. Unless the pistol is NIB a buyer can find them for sale online for $175 or likely less:
    http://www.armslist.com/posts/45645...--36-caliber-1851-open-top-revolver-by-pietta

More chatter and info here:
    https://www.thehighroad.org/index.php?threads/1862-police.558754/

Why don't you just keep it and shoot it?

:shrug:

halsem

Dec 18, 2017
    I am hoping the money can help me get a Tokarev pistol instead. Also, as per another thread, finding ranges that let you shoot bp revolvers is not all that easy.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    I am hoping the money can help me get a Tokarev pistol instead. Also, as per another thread, finding ranges that let you shoot bp revolvers is not all that easy.

Really? I don't know of a Maryland range (outdoor) that does not allow it.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    Also... last two years, MD GA has tried to regulate BP and Antique guns as if they were modern arms. I would not be surprised to see the legislation introduced again.... we've been successful so far in fighting off this foolishness, but one day, they may push it through. Double down on the I would hold on to it comment.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    In another thread , the OP asks/ discusses about suitable ranges that are : 1. Outdoor 2. Open to public 3. Close to MoCo .

One would have to compromise on at least one factor .

K31

MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    In another thread , the OP asks/ discusses about suitable ranges that are : 1. Outdoor 2. Open to public 3. Close to MoCo .

One would have to compromise on at least one factor .

Cresap.

It seems like they treat BP shooters as lepers, but they do have 4 lanes for BP handguns.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    Cresap.

It seems like they treat BP shooters as lepers, but they do have 4 lanes for BP handguns.

I suggested Cresap in the thread, but didn't know if they allowed BP handguns since the only designated BP lanes I know of are the 4 muzzleloader lanes on the rifle range side that are 100 yards only.

K31

MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    I suggested Cresap in the thread, but didn't know if they allowed BP handguns since the only designated BP lanes I know of are the 4 muzzleloader lanes on the rifle range side that are 100 yards only.

Like I said, they treat you like a leper.

Website says 50&100 yards. Do they allow the use of portable stands for closer shooting?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom