• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • matt

No one special
    Apr 9, 2011
    4 questions:

1) Is the burden of proof on the [insert gov agency]?

2) Has the [gov agency] ever lost any documentation? (A answer of no - would be a violation of oath- how can one know that answer if it was never identified?- the only real answer unless they can answer in the affirmative- would be I don't know)

3) Is it not a possibility that the documentation you claim never existed- was in fact lost, and if the answer is no, how would you claim if it was infact lost?

4) [Towards the court] As a result of the [gov agency] not being able to prove they did not lose their records, and I not having to prove anything- can this case be dismissed?

IANAL- but it sounds good....

spacer75

Amateur Rocket Scientist
    Jul 29, 2011
    and I guess if you lose the email you can get a copy from the nsa or google :)

ROFLMAO.

I just keep the invoices with the dealer names. I figure even if they question the authenticity of the invoice, the dealer should have a record of purchase in their bound 4473 book.

Daiuy

May 31, 2013
    I am adding a firearms rider to my insurance and it asks for the description and serial number of each. I can use that as proof of ownership and the information is not in the public sector.

boss281

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    Carroll County
    I am adding a firearms rider to my insurance and it asks for the description and serial number of each. I can use that as proof of ownership and the information is not in the public sector.

I've been meaning to do that. Thanks for the reminder.

Sent from the Ether using TapaTalk 2

marko

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 28, 2009
    From a future value stand point, just keep your original invoices.
    And boxes. And paperwork.
    Wish I had keep the hang tag on my '79 Les Paul.
    Would've added value.
    Have all receipts, boxes, etc, for any firearms,
    and lists of serial #s etc. I view it as a necessity.

marko

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 28, 2009
    Originally Posted by Daiuy View Post

NOT YET. I would be very concerned that future governments might
    find you an easy target.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    If you are that concerned print an inventory sheet, and have it notarized at your bank for free September 30th.

Throw it in the back of your safe and forget about it, until you need it as a get out of jail free card.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Just seal the firearm in question in a box with tamper-evident tape, take it to the post office, mail it to yourself by certified mail, return receipt requested, and after you receive the sealed, dated, tamper-proof box, DON'T OPEN IT! :banghead::banghead::banghead:

P.S. Make sure it's clean and well oiled before your ship it... maybe slathered in cosmoline, just to be sure.

P.P.S.S. Just kidding. It's probably illegal to mail a gun. If not, it would probably get lost in the mail anyway, and you'd spend the next 5 years pursuing a claim for something you originally mailed only to prove it was mailed on a certain date.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Lol... don't you have copies of receipt and 77r pink copies? ;)

Yeah, the dates and serial numbers on the Form 77r should be sufficient to prove date of purchase.

Me, I took pics of the gun with the serial number showing right next to the Form 77r. Those pics are on a harddrive kept in a safety deposit box. I also made copies of all the paper work, stapled each set of paperwork together per firearm purchase, and they are resting in a safety deposit box. Might start storing the originals at home in the fireproof safe with the actual firearms, but still debating that.

Shoobedoo

US Army Veteran
    Jun 1, 2013
    Keyser WV
    Lol... don't you have copies of receipt and 77r pink copies? ;)

I have the pink 77r for every regulated firearm in my possession. I may take the additional precautionary step of making copies of those and placing them in my safe deposit box just for "insurance".

RRHemi

Mar 1, 2013
    Annapolis, MD
    It would seem to me that if I bought all my handguns, shotguns, lower receivers and rifles "through the system," I should never have to worry about this. I can understand for insurance purposes.

b00sh

Feb 7, 2013
    Ok, ok, you negative Nelly's...use it for insurance purposes...I'm REALLY sorry I thought this was a good idea...go f yourselfs.

hahahaha

I thought it was a good idea personally. It's nice to know what you have, you know, in case you misplace something.... Personally I have all my paperwork.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    It's not like the state would ever withhold evidence when pressing charges against you?

*cough* Zimmerman *cough*

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mr88

Latest threads

Top Bottom