• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • y.pestis

Apr 2, 2013
    There still has been no clarification as to weather MSP will require the training listed in the new law for those who applied before Oct 1 but are not issued before then.

True. So the worst case scenario is status quo? Big deal. I submitted as well. CCW course will also cover HQL so nothing lost if I need to take it.

Refusing to get a HQL is letting them win. I say get every license and qualification you can shoving it right back in their noses.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

DadOSix

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 25, 2013
    Allegany Co.
    ccw application question

I am applying for my CCW - business robbed once again during daylight!

Anyway, I filled out all the application on the pdf form and printed it off.

THEN noticed the Livescan number needs to be at the top ( which I don't have yet, going this week)

Do I need to redo the whole app, or can I just write in the livescan at the top?

Also going to do HQL.

THanks !

y.pestis

Apr 2, 2013
    I watched them allow someone write it on top of each page when I was there Tuesday. I can't say it's SOP, but I know they allowed it once.

Worse case you can go the library a block down the street and use their computers to do it with the livescan number preprinted. Just make sure you sign the last page. That's why I'm sitting outside the licensing division now waiting for them to open. :mad:

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

jpo183

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    in Maryland
    I am applying for my CCW - business robbed once again during daylight!

Anyway, I filled out all the application on the pdf form and printed it off.

THEN noticed the Livescan number needs to be at the top ( which I don't have yet, going this week)

Do I need to redo the whole app, or can I just write in the livescan at the top?

Also going to do HQL.

THanks !

Just FYI you do not need a CCW to carry on your business property.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Check still not cashed. Sent certified mail on Sept 30th. Receipt confirmation delivered on 10/03.....
    Should I call them?

I would not bother contacting MSP this early in the game. My app. was received on 8/26/2013 and my business check was cashed on 8/29/2013. I have not heard back from them yet either. Of course I got the "no criminal background" letter within 2 days of being fingerprinted. I had a MD handgun permit in the past (a different reason and unrestricted) and it was issued very quickly inside of 2 weeks. This time due to my G&S reason (business owner) and the numerous issues facing the licensing division I would not expect a turn around any quicker than the 90 BUSINESS days they show on the MSP website. I don't intend to call until at least 90 calendar days have gone by. I figure I could have it around Thanksgiving (90 calendar days) but no later than the end of December (90 business days) unless something crazy happens. Best of luck to you.

Mar 4, 2013
    is the 16 hour training going to mean more permits issued?

I would be super duper pissed after jumping thru several hoops , then to be denied and my wallet 500 bucks lighter

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    is the 16 hour training going to mean more permits issued?

I would be super duper pissed after jumping thru several hoops , then to be denied and my wallet 500 bucks lighter
    In MD...IMO, no. It is just another way of distracting the courts by providing a massive detractor for the permit process. The little old lady in Baltimore that wants to carry now has to not only have "G&S" (allowed to live on in perpetuity by our gutless and feckless SCOTUS), but must find the money and transportation to attend a course. Just another obstacle to allow MD to say that "93% of applications are approved" because they don't ever see the remaining applications due to the roadblocks.

Fasternfaster

Sep 1, 2013
    This might be a dumb question: I looked through this thread and it seems to me that a regular citizen can apply for business license and through legal zoom or something to get incorporated and then create a business that serves little purpose as long as it has some "cash flow" as evidenced by a bank letter.

Would that be enough to satisfy the business owner provision of the law?

I am an amateur photographer and i was thinking of making that my business, photography equipment is quite expensive and easily stolen. I dont charge anyone for my services, i take photos for my own pleasure, but there are some places i dont want to take my gear for fear of being robbed.

If i am conducting my business by visiting various locations for research, that would make a "business purpose" restriction mean pretty much any place i go with a camera where carry is allowed.

Can anyone back this up or am i totally off base?

highfructosecornsyrup

Apr 2, 2012
    baltimore city
    This might be a dumb question: I looked through this thread and it seems to me that a regular citizen can apply for business license and through legal zoom or something to get incorporated and then create a business that serves little purpose as long as it has some "cash flow" as evidenced by a bank letter.

Would that be enough to satisfy the business owner provision of the law?

I am an amateur photographer and i was thinking of making that my business, photography equipment is quite expensive and easily stolen. I dont charge anyone for my services, i take photos for my own pleasure, but there are some places i dont want to take my gear for fear of being robbed.

If i am conducting my business by visiting various locations for research, that would make a "business purpose" restriction mean pretty much any place i go with a camera where carry is allowed.

Can anyone back this up or am i totally off base?

I have insurance on my equipment. I insure it against theft anywhere, if I set my camera down and turn around its insured. The guy I shoot weddings with has ins as well, and he also has liability for any situation a light stand falls on someone. As for setting up a business you may want to talk to an accountant you trust about that one, someone who knows how to move money around. As for Ins you just call up nationwide or something and ask them, you can file it under renters insurance or homeowners I believe. I cannot afford to lose any one piece of upwards of 20K worth of gear...

Fasternfaster

Sep 1, 2013
    I see your points, but i also noticed that the amount of the cash flow is not something that is brought up very much. So what i am really getting at is, what is the minimum needed to get past the red tape to get a CCW?

is having a non profitable business with negligible but existing cash flow that can be verified by a bank enough? Is it worth a try to submit that as a justification or should i not even bother?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom