• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    And they really rake you over the coals to get one too huh?

And by that I mean,...... ~30 days mailbox to mailbox, no "interview", no review and or HPRB, no two days of training, no dealing with a quasi-military State Police.

No more ~30 days, now they take the full 90 with their new D Commissioner of Agriculture. :mad54:

PaxEtBonum

Jan 22, 2019
    W&C Initial Application Submitted: 8/13/19
    Check Cashed: 8/16/19
    Interview: 9/6/19
    Permit in Hand: 10/30/19

Total: 78 days

Firstwarrior

Aug 30, 2019
    W&C Initial Application Submitted: 8/13/19

Check Cashed: 8/16/19

Interview: 9/6/19

Permit in Hand: 10/30/19

Total: 78 days

Hmm. I applied 8/17/19 interview 10/9/19... hope I don’t have to wait another month an a half..... 73 day’s as of now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PaxEtBonum

Jan 22, 2019
    Hmm. I applied 8/17/19 interview 10/9/19... hope I don’t have to wait another month an a half..... 73 day’s as of now

From what I understand, my interview was unusually early in the process. They are obligated to process your app within 90 days, so you should be looking at about 2 weeks max.

Firstwarrior

Aug 30, 2019
    From what I understand, my interview was unusually early in the process. They are obligated to process your app within 90 days, so you should be looking at about 2 weeks max.

Seems like it. He told me the interview was “close to the end”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    FYI, in July, I filed an appeal with an administrative law judge to have my wear and carry restrictions lifted. The basis was that the current laws are ambiguous and not uniformly interpreted. Last week, I received my unrestricted permit. The good folks at MSI gave me an hour of counsel over the phone that was highly valuable in the formation of that appeal. Whether you are rejected or restricted, I highly recommend that you follow the entire appeal process and get good counsel along the way.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    FYI, in July, I filed an appeal with an administrative law judge to have my wear and carry restrictions lifted. The basis was that the current laws are ambiguous and not uniformly interpreted. Last week, I received my unrestricted permit. The good folks at MSI gave me an hour of counsel over the phone that was highly valuable in the formation of that appeal. Whether you are rejected or restricted, I highly recommend that you follow the entire appeal process and get good counsel along the way.

Congrats! But: did you have to actually go through the hearing with the ALJ, or was that still pending? And, did the unrestricted permit happen because you pursued it, or did you happen to fall into the newly liberated business owner or assumed risk categories that are seeing their restrictions lifted anyway? I'm sure there are lots of folks not in those two categories would love to know how yours played out, but with that important context added to the tale.

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    Congrats! But: did you have to actually go through the hearing with the ALJ, or was that still pending? And, did the unrestricted permit happen because you pursued it, or did you happen to fall into the newly liberated business owner or assumed risk categories that are seeing their restrictions lifted anyway? I'm sure there are lots of folks not in those two categories would love to know how yours played out, but with that important context added to the tale.

I went through with the hearing. The hearing occurred before the policy change in business owner restrictions. I'm assuming that I got the restrictions removed because of the hearing because I did not need to submit a new photo or a check to Licensing Bureau. A new unrestricted card arrived in the mail without me having made a request since the hearing.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I went through with the hearing. The hearing occurred before the policy change in business owner restrictions. I'm assuming that I got the restrictions removed because of the hearing because I did not need to submit a new photo or a check to Licensing Bureau. A new unrestricted card arrived in the mail without me having made a request since the hearing.

Not to be the turd in the punch bowl but I would bet a paycheck that you received an unrestricted permit due to the SOP change. Had it been through your OAH hearing you would be the first case that was ruled in favor of a permit holder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom