• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CrueChief

Cocker Dad/RIP Bella
    Apr 3, 2009
    Napolis-ish
    Where are you getting 10-12 years from? Just curious.

If Peruta gets heard the most likely case is we won't get a decision until spring 2018.

Then we would need a new case, a new Wollard case as it were. BEST case 2 yrs for plaintiff and funding just to file paperwork then 18 months for first round of oral arguments and the eventual decision.

Then we all know MD will not give up until the end is behind them so even if we win they appeal and get a stay issued.

6-12 months for the district court to even decide whether or not to take the enbanc appeal.

Then the if they take it another 6-12 months.

Either way it gets appealed up to the 4th circuit and another 12-18 months to go through the first round and of course appealed enbanc so another then 6-18 months.

Then loser appeals to Supreme Court to figure out if they really meant it in Peruta which is another 12 months atleast, figure a spring release of any decision then the legislature is not in session and will cry they need time to write a new law, which they will be given and will draw it out as long as they can as most new laws go into affect the following October.

All my guesses as I am not a lawyer nor do I stay a Holiday Inn Expresses. But if anyone thinks that a positive ruling in Puerta means we immediately go Shall issue has not been paying attention the now even more powerful MD attorney general.:sad20:

Now if the Supreme Court doesn't take Peruta then who knows when a case gets to them and by which starting our clock for the above.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    If Puerta gets heard the most likely case is we won't get a decision until spring 2018.

Then we would need a new case, a new Wollard case as it were. BEST case 2 yrs for plaintiff and funding just to file paperwork then 18 months for first round of oral arguments and the eventual decision.

Then we all know MD will not give up until the end is behind them so even if we win they appeal and get a stay issued.

6-12 months for the district court to even decide whether or not to take the enbanc appeal.

Then the if they take it another 6-12 months.

Either way it gets appealed up to the 4th circuit and another 12-18 months to go through the first round and of course appealed enbanc so another then 6-18 months.

Then loser appeals to Supreme Court to figure out if they really meant it in Puerta which is another 12 months atleast, figure a spring release of any decision then the legislature is not in session and will cry they need time to write a new law, which they will be given and will draw it out as long as they can as most new laws go into affect the following October.

All my guesses as I am not a lawyer nor do I stay a Holiday Inn Expresses. But if anyone thinks that a positive ruling in Puerta means we immediately go Shall issue has not been paying attention the now even more powerful MD attorney general.:sad20:

Now if the Supreme Court doesn't take Puerta then who knows when a case gets to them and by which starting our clock for the above.

The term "even more powerful MD attorney general" is highly misleading. His power is limited by his lack of intelligence. Frosh is an idiot not a constitutional scholar. He lobbied for power to join in a lawsuit against the federal government to protect the U.S. Constitutional rights of non-citizens who are also non-residents and are not on U.S. soil at the time.

The green card/U.S. resident issue has been fixed.

A twelve year old with average intelligence can figure out that non-resident, non-citizens, not located on U.S. soil can't possibly have standing for Constitutional claims.

The sad part is he is pissing away our tax money on this foolishness.

Rach123

Jan 6, 2016
    Does anyone know the actual timeframe from submission of application to approval for wear and carry? I mailed my application and credentials this morning. Anyone already gone through it? Thanks

Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    Does anyone know the actual timeframe from submission of application to approval for wear and carry? I mailed my application and credentials this morning. Anyone already gone through it? Thanks

I sent app on 2/29/16 and received permit on 6/6/16. Appealed restrictions within 10 days and received un restricted permit on 12/14/16. 10 and 1/2 months total time, 3 months one week for original permit.

NOBODY

Rach123

Jan 6, 2016
    I sent app on 2/29/16 and received permit on 6/6/16. Appealed restrictions within 10 days and received un restricted permit on 12/14/16. 10 and 1/2 months total time, 3 months one week for original permit.

NOBODY

what type of restrictions did they give you that you had to appeal? That you could only carry during work business? I sent in a letter with my package from my job saying I'm required to carry 24/7 so hopefully that will be ok.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    what type of restrictions did they give you that you had to appeal? That you could only carry during work business? I sent in a letter with my package from my job saying I'm required to carry 24/7 so hopefully that will be ok.
    What job REQUIRES you to carry 24/7 other than law enforcement?

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    The company I work for requires their PI's to carry 24/7.
    Have the rest of the PI's at your firm been able to get unrestricted permits? My former neighbor owns a PI firm and has typical restrictions of "while conducting business as owner of" which is basically 24/7 if he decides it is.

Rach123

Jan 6, 2016
    Have the rest of the PI's at your firm been able to get unrestricted permits? My former neighbor owns a PI firm and has typical restrictions of "while conducting business as owner of" which is basically 24/7 if he decides it is.

you know, I haven't even questioned it. Not 100% sure. But seeing as though the company has been doing it this way for years, I assume it works? Guess we'll find out. The owner said they have only had a couple that had to appeal- and subsequently got through on appeal.

Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009

Yes I got the generic while conducting business as restrictions, appealed based on being self employed and always at work.

NOBODY

Rach123

Jan 6, 2016

and maybe they send the letter to provide documentation if there is a question about 'while conducting business' since he requires it 24/7 for employment.

Rach123

Jan 6, 2016
    Yes I got the generic while conducting business as restrictions, appealed based on being self employed and always at work.

NOBODY

well that's good to know. hopefully mine comes without restriction but if not, I'll appeal and see what happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom