How Old Were You When You Bought Your First Firearm?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gambler

¿Got Freedom?
    Oct 30, 2011
    Parkville
    21 - Right after I got out of college and left my parent's house where I was prohibited from keeping one. Springfield XD-40. No gun I've purchased since, fits my hand better than that one.

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    I was 18, and the gun was a Remington 742 Woodsmaster in 30-06. I got it from Best Company in Rockville.

It was a nice one with the upgraded checkering on the stock.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    14 at Lee's Outdoors in Highlandtown. Walked in, told him which shotgun I wanted and walked out. Springfield 67, and yes I still have it.

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011
    I was 18. I bought a Remington 22 rifle and hid it from my parents. I still have it.........some 40 years later. A lot more over the years. My son will have it someday......
    :mdpatriot

Well, that's weird. My first also was a Remington Fieldmaster pump 22 rifle at age 18. I bought it from Atlantic Guns in Silver Spring Md. I shot mine to death however. It was a great firearm.

Hicap

Magazine Clips
    Jun 10, 2012
    I got a late start, bought my first when I was 27. I've been broke ever since, I guess I'm making up for lost time.

Scarab

Apr 5, 2013
    Carroll County, MD
    41 years old. It took Owe-Malley and his draconian gun laws to get me motivated to care about my 2nd Amendment Right. Now I'm an EXTREMELY outspoken advocate. I attend 2A Day (though I missed this past year). I write and call my state and local government officials. And I have already taken six people who had never shot a gun to my range with me. Two have just bought their own firearm and one has joined the NRA as well. I'm NOT bragging, but I am proud to be doing my part to educate those who were formerly ignorant.

If you have a firearm I consider it OUR DUTY to take people out to the range and teach them that guns aren't the enemy.

Scarab

Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico
    I have already taken six people who had never shot a gun to my range with me. Two have just bought their own firearm and one has joined the NRA as well.

Scarab

^^^
    That's one of the most effective ways to get it done. More people, new people joining the ranks. And then VOTING when it's time. Good on you!

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I was 20 when drill Sargent handed me my M16-A1. Fort Lenardwood MO, unforgetable.

How is this BUYING your first firearm? :D

Same with those posting a GIFT of a firearm?

I BOUGHT my first firearm in 1977. I RECEIVED my first firearm in 1966.

BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    21. A S&W99 (the Walther clone). Was living in a sketchy neighborhood next door to a drug dealer and there were some shootings nearby. Got it for protection. That was my first official purchase but i'd been shooting guns with family and friends most of my life.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Anyone make the rubber band guns with a couple of rubber bands, a stick and a clothes pin? We had epic battles with them where I grew up.

BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    Anyone make the rubber band guns with a couple of rubber bands, a stick and a clothes pin? We had epic battles with them where I grew up.

Did we ever!! we used to take broom handles and nail them to a crude stock, string a few rubber bands together to make rubber band rifles and double barrel shotguns! epic indeed! :party29:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom