• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • good guy 176

R.I.P.
    Dec 9, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    The cop overreacted. He's clearly out of shape and thus lacked the confidence to deal with an unarmed, mouthy motorist. Those f... tasers ought to be banned for the number of innocent folks they've killed through misuse and abuse by law enforcement.

Just another LEO with a big gun, badge and overpowered Dodge Charger.

Lew--Ranger63

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    The cop overreacted. He's clearly out of shape and thus lacked the confidence to deal with an unarmed, mouthy motorist. Those f... tasers ought to be banned for the number of innocent folks they've killed through misuse and abuse by law enforcement.

Lew--Ranger63

48223557.jpg

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I didn't see the tasable crime here.

What does breaking a law have to do with it? He was screaming at the officer and acting in a threatening manner. He was a dumbass. He's lucky he only got tazed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jhcrab

Jun 28, 2012
    Howard Co.
    Suppose if the officer was an average citizen

He wasn't tazed for breaking the law, he was tazed for approaching the cop like a threat IMO.
    What if the officer was an average citizen with a gun permit - could he legally shoot the guy (fearing for his life)?

good guy 176

R.I.P.
    Dec 9, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    What if the officer was an average citizen with a gun permit - could he legally shoot the guy (fearing for his life)?

Ever hear of excessive use of force? Yeah, just go ahead and blow a crazy, unarmed dude away and see how a jury and judge handles that. Better pack your lunch for a long vacation in Attica. This fella looked like he was on drugs or drunk. He made a bad mistake rushing fatso.

Lew--Ranger63

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD

Lew--Ranger63

Ever hear of excessive use of force? Yeah, just go ahead and blow a crazy, unarmed dude away and see how a jury and judge handles that. Better pack your lunch for a long vacation in Attica. This fella looked like he was on drugs or drunk. He made a bad mistake rushing fatso.

Lew--Ranger63

Did someone just get a seatbelt ticket?

travistheone

Usual Suspect
    Dec 11, 2008
    cockeysville
    his first violent "pointing" would have gotten him shot some places.

to goodguy176- yea the cop being in shape and a BJJ purple belt would have avoided this guy getting tased. Should we incentivize LEO properly to make this a reality? yes. but until cops are high paid and valued by all of society they won't be able to receive hundreds or thousands of hours of "extra" training. so in the meantime they tase people instead of crack their skull with an espatoon.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    You mean the guy who now has a nervous tick and stutters like Mel Tillis.
    I'm not sure what, but that Mel Tillis reference wins you some kind of award. :thumbsup:

Lew--Ranger63
    Good Guy One Seventy Six
    Has acquired a new bag of tricks
    I hope he's okay
    Did his common sense stray
    Or maybe he's getting his kicks.

:shrug:

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie

No. Fearing for your life needs to have some sort of deadly force involved, usually a weapon. It's not good enough to just say " I was askeered".

A Tazer is a NON LETHAL tool used for non lethal situations where one could/would usually be "hands on" with a subject. Could have been pepper sprayed as well.
    Bashing the guy with an expandable baton in this situation would most likely be excessive force.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Did someone just get a seatbelt ticket?

Ehhh that's about normal for him. This is the same poster that advocated putting cat piss in a cops air vents. I chalk it up to the rantings of a disgruntled 70-80 something old service member. Like a less cool Walt from Gran Turino.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom