• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    Seriously, in the past 12 months, how much do you think you have spent on C&R firearms? I personally would ballpark it at about $8k, but with ammo and reloading gear, that goes up to over $10k.

On the other hand, I suspect that my 10k investment could now be liquidated in a couple of weeks for at least 15k.

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    I have put alot in my collection the past year.. Its hard to put a number on it but to estimate it. maybe $15K in guns and ammo? In my defense, I have been trying to cut back in the past 3-4 months or so. I would say since 2013, I might have 400-500 in purchases total.

elmerjr128

Mar 15, 2011
    I have put alot in my collection the past year.. Its hard to put a number on it but to estimate it. maybe $15K in guns and ammo? In my defense, I have been trying to cut back in the past 3-4 months or so. I would say since 2013, I might have 400-500 in purchases total.

And how much on ARs and AR accessories since 2013? :D

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Yellowsled beat me, but not by much. Last year I put more into my collection than any previous year. But I also added some amazing items (pristine Ross MKI* and Lebel M27 mousqueton for instance) that are true cornerstones of a collection that has taken 30 yrs to build.
    As my bucket list gets shorter and shorter I'm now down to just a few items that are, unfortunately for my budget, pricey. For example, I scratched one item off the list this weekend and it cost me around $1k. But that ended a four year search and I probably got it for $400-500 under market value so I'm not unhappy.
    The two big ticket items on the list, both Webley autos (Fosbery semi auto revolver and No1 MK2 Royal Horse Artillery) would require that I sell off a part of the collection to fund their acquisitions. It would hurt a bit but it's gotta happen sometime, can't take this lot to the grave with me (I'm not that selfish, these pieces of history need to be cared for and loved after my time with them is over.)

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Is this a peak in your spending or you guys do that every year?
    If I consider selling my boat and some stuff from another hobby, I'm still in the black for total "hobby expenditures"

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    The last year was A LOT on C&R but the last 3 months bas been A LOT MORE! on regulated :-(

I think I'm testing the patience of a very understanding and enabling wife....

LargemouthAss

Dec 27, 2012
    I went from not owning anything in 2012 to buying a gun safe and filling it to the brim with 4 more guns on the way. I think I have a problem but I won't be seeking treatment!

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Is this a peak in your spending or you guys do that every year?
    If I consider selling my boat and some stuff from another hobby, I'm still in the black for total "hobby expenditures"

For my part a peak for sure. I track purchases and when I did my taxes this year I about fell out of the chair when I saw the gun category in my 2012 FY report. About twice what I usually spend. I bought a lot of pistols this year which on the whole are more costly than long guns.
    Then again it wasn't all C&R firearms. Like H2U I love accessories so pistol holsters, which I consider a must, probably set me back $1-2k last year. Throw in all the other little stuff like slings, magazines and ammo and it quickly adds up.

TapRackBang

Cheaper Than Diamonds
    Jan 14, 2012
    Bel Air
    I have a spreadsheet to track exactly what firearms I've bought, how much ammo I've bought, how much I spent on each, and how much I've shot through each firearm (with some fancy formulas). So I know exactly what I've spent on guns an ammo since I started this a bit over a year ago. (I think it's my mid-life crisis.)

Tracking it was a mistake. Don't do it. :shocked3: :sad20: :sad20: :D

Nonetheless, I have a couple more C&R's on the way... :innocent0

Chaunsey

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2009
    brandywine MD
    my budget is pretty tight for guns usually and the past several years were pretty slow for me, in 2012 i only spent probably $2000 all year i think, and that includes my .22 STG-44, though not a C&R.

the year before was probably around $2k for C&R as well, but another $1500 on my AR build and ammo.

this year thanks to my luger purchase, my priceiest single gun so far, im at a about $3k already.

im already looking to a lot more purchases this year though, not all C&R thanks to the impending law.

though i actually just sold my mini 14 and some ammo, first gun i ever sold, so ive got $750 im looking to spend on something soon, i was actually looking at getting a crate of mosins from classic and then selling some off to offset the cost, but for the second time now they sold out when i was thinking of buying.

so now my head is spinning with a hundred possibilities for what i could maybe buy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom