How many Marylanders DON'T know about the laws?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Not at all.

The crowds we had in Annapolis are the proof.

In past years, we were lucky to get 50-75 people to testify.

This year, thanks to the new messaging from MSI, AGC and others, we have been able to spread word across the state, and get people interested who never realized there might be an issue.

It's my intent to get this year's 4,500 up to 10,000 or more. But it will take all of staying noisy.

Even then, it will mean very little if we don't also rattle the critters' cages along Bladen St.

Our rights are ours 12 months of the year... and that's how we need to protect them. Not just the 3 months the GA is in session.

I agree with this, but I don't think we have reached many of those would support our cause (their rights). I know there are those who don't care, but I know there are those that don't realize the extent of the law. I know because I keep running into them.

They only know what they have heard from the media. All they "know" is that the gov passed a law to; protect the children, prevent mass shootings, keep guns out of the hands of criminals, and ban assault weapons (like machine guns).

We really have not come up with a way to let EVERYBODY know the effects of this law.

Mr H

Banana'd
    I agree with this, but I don't think we have reached many of those would support our cause (their rights). I know there are those who don't care, but I know there are those that don't realize the extent of the law. I know because I keep running into them.

They only know what they have heard from the media. All they "know" is that the gov passed a law to; protect the children, prevent mass shootings, keep guns out of the hands of criminals, and ban assault weapons (like machine guns).

We really have not come up with a way to let EVERYBODY know the effects of this law.

There are none so blind as those who will not see????

All we can do is all we can do.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    And these people... the IGMs (I've Got Mine)... are the ones we've tried to focus on.

Just because they have what suits them, and the current law favors their usage, doesn't mean they are any less vulnerable to a thorough Froshing.

Those selfish bastiches are the ones who should have theirs taken first... but it's 2A for all, so we leave it be......

One of my brothers fits this bill (IGM). Working on him (gonna be a topic of conversation at the O's game on 9/11). Already converted the LE brother on the issue. Both of the. Are in Young's district, so trying to get them both to vote and pay attention to the Gov's actions in advance of next year's GA session.

Broadside

Mar 20, 2012
    Virginia
    Not many of those, but I've seen more than I care to admit of the types who are complacent and or apathetic... the "I've got mine and they'll be grandfathered, so f#*k it" types...

This is fine until the next Democratic Governor who wants to curry favor with the Democratic President.

I would suggest these people look at New York State. They had a ten round magazine limit and gun owners could still buy pre-ban magazines and own grandfathered "assault rifles".

But Cuomo had to "do something for the children!" So in two days they pushed through a law that banned all magazines over seven rounds and all assault rifles. Nothing was allowed to be grandfathered. New York State gun owners had to either sell banned items out of state, or turn them in for destruction.

For those who don't care, I would tell them to take a look at New York's new laws. Because thwart is where they are headed in the next Maryland Governor's administration if they don't get involved now.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Although many gun owners and potential gun owners don't know the existing laws much less that the law is changing far more gun owners know there is some new law but have no idea how it will impact them personally. I am forever explaining what will be banned and all the new hoops to jump through and the reaction is "Your kidding." "That can't be true." "OMG" and so on.

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    Many gun owners in my circle are duck and deer hunters. Not many have AR's or handguns.

I get VERY frustrated in discussing the stripping of liberties come 10-1 and I'm given shrugs of "Oh well". Can't seem to get them to understand this is merely a precedent to outlawing their .308's and auto loader shotguns. :mad54:

MadCat0911

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2013
    Hanover
    Many gun owners in my circle are duck and deer hunters. Not many have AR's or handguns.

I get VERY frustrated in discussing the stripping of liberties come 10-1 and I'm given shrugs of "Oh well". Can't seem to get them to understand this is merely a precedent to outlawing their .308's and auto loader shotguns. :mad54:

You mean their sniper rifles and military-styled shotguns.

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    Word went out this year from MSI, the NRA, AGC and this website. It was in the papers and on TV. You just can't reach folks that don't want to be reached.

Sportstud4891

Resident SMIB
    Jun 7, 2011
    Chuck County
    Too bad we don't have the funds to run some public service announcements. A very brief and non-political announcement would cover more ground than anything else.

I thought MSI did a money bomb to do this very thing. But down in here in SoMD I saw none of it. And to the OP, I run into people all the time that "know" about the new law but do not know what it's going to do to us. I do my best to explain but usually I just hand them a business card with the mdshooters and MSI websites and tell them that they need to visit.

Mr H

Banana'd
    I thought MSI did a money bomb to do this very thing. But down in here in SoMD I saw none of it. And to the OP, I run into people all the time that "know" about the new law but do not know what it's going to do to us. I do my best to explain but usually I just hand them a business card with the mdshooters and MSI websites and tell them that they need to visit.

In SoMD, the issue was less acute. It's the center-state media that was targeted, to try and sway votes and win public opinion.

Doing as you did was helpful across the state, as well. Thanks!

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28

I carry the MSI pamplets in my car. You can print them or come by and pick up a handful.

Wombat Rancher

Aug 21, 2013
    I have to admit that I was one of the "Uninformed" until joining this site. Having come from Jersey, where you can't even buy a BB gun without a firearm ID card, I originally thought that MD wasn't so bad. Well we are about to eclipse NJ and not in a good way. :sad20:

JPG

Ultimate Member
    Aug 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    People are not interested in Politics like they used to be generations ago. They don't care about anything unless it effects them personally. Want to raise minimum wages - yes they deserve higher pay..... What? Milk is $9 a gallon - those greedy grocers.

Well we got here by not paying attention on what was going on and this is the results. Hopefully more people will wake up and start spreading the word.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    People are not interested in Politics like they used to be generations ago. They don't care about anything unless it effects them personally. Want to raise minimum wages - yes they deserve higher pay..... What? Milk is $9 a gallon - those greedy grocers.

Well we got here by not paying attention on what was going on and this is the results. Hopefully more people will wake up and start spreading the word.

The price of liberty is eternal vigilance. We are doomed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom