• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    OR it could mean that we accept that requiring a seperate liscence at signifigent expense and effort , requesting gov't permission to exercise a Fundamental Constitutional Right is either acceptable or Constitutional. Would you rush out to get fingerprinted, take a gov't aproved theology course, and pass tests to be permitted to attend church ?

MDLiberty

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 9, 2013
    AA Co.
    OR it could mean that we accept that requiring a seperate liscence at signifigent expense and effort , requesting gov't permission to exercise a Fundamental Constitutional Right is either acceptable or Constitutional. Would you rush out to get fingerprinted, take a gov't aproved theology course, and pass tests to be permitted to attend church ?

or vote
    or demonstrate
    or speak

bilbravo

Apr 30, 2013
    Baltimore (District 46)

Nope. Which is why I'd rather just get my 9mm now and I can contemplate buying more guns later. I'd rather not give in so easily.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Pretty darn close, but some slight edits added: :)

You can buy 1 unlimited regulated firearms every 30 days if you do not have MDC status, but can only take possession of one every 30 days. But if you buy 2 regulated firearms in one purchase, you can take possession of both at the same time in the same 30-day period. However, you are required to wait 60 days before taking possession of another regulated firearm (assuming you do not have MDC status).

If you have MDC status the 30 day law/rule does not apply to you and you can buy as many regulated firearms as you wish every day until you run out of money or your wife/husband divorces you.

The big change is "purchase does not equal transfer/possession". If you see a deal on something you want, take it. Worry about the transfers later. They can continue right into 2014 (past the new ban date).

Also, the ability to transfer more than one at a time has to be subject to a deal at the store (no definition in law) and has to be on the same 77R. So you basically have to bunch them up on one transfer application. That last part is not written anywhere in law, but like so many things gun related, it is the outcome of leaving "regulation" of these issues to the Secretary of the police.

Thanks for showing where I was wrong with my interpretation of the 30 day rule/law. I'll remember your advice. :thumbsup:

BTW, thanks to you and MSI for all that you have done so far.

MadCat0911

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2013
    Hanover

Either way, they see it as a win.

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    Thanks for showing where I was wrong with my interpretation of the 30 day rule/law. I'll remember your advice. :thumbsup:

It's an easy one to get caught up on - I do it frequently myself. basically it boils down to the differences between purchase, transfer and possession.

Subtleties that should not matter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bapple

Latest threads

Top Bottom