• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gmanrules

Junior Newbie
    Nov 8, 2010
    Randallstown
    +1

More than the OP and I'll leave it at that.

Here's how you explain it to the wife. Just tell her that if you had $10,000 worth of guns 10 years ago, they would now be worth $15,000. But, if you had $10,000 in a 401k 10 years ago, it's now worth $5,000. Guns are the better investment, hands down. Instead of paying acount managment fees to an investment broker, you pay ammo fees to you local sporting goods store. :D
    You are right about that one. My money has damn near doubled in my collection over the past couple of years. I have told her that if something should happen to me just don't give them away but sell them and what friends to use to sell them. I told her don't give them to my brothers. She'll never see the money. What a a shame.

Gmanrules

Junior Newbie
    Nov 8, 2010
    Randallstown
    When your collection reaches four digits, you might get a visit. I personally only own 18 firearms, but I'll probably hit 20+ by this time next year.

Jim
    Thanks,
    So we are very similar in our numbers. My number would be around 17-18 also but my wife's uncle gave me 2 rifles and 2 shotguns last year. LOL These are so old and the winchester 43, 22 hornet is so nice,and accurate, I'll never sell it.

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    +1

More than the OP and I'll leave it at that.

Here's how you explain it to the wife. Just tell her that if you had $10,000 worth of guns 10 years ago, they would now be worth $15,000. But, if you had $10,000 in a 401k 10 years ago, it's now worth $5,000. Guns are the better investment, hands down. Instead of paying acount managment fees to an investment broker, you pay ammo fees to you local sporting goods store. :D

LOL, My wife said, "Well as long as you've got fewer guns than the number of women you've had, we're good." Does she want me to go out and sleep with more women???

Mark

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    OK,
    That's funny! I was trying to figure that one out. I was thinking house boat on one of the rivers around hear. He had me going.

i got caught by that too...when i first came to the forum!;) um yeah i dont know about posting my numbers of what and how many i have or dont have:innocent0 not pointing fingers but especially from someone with a low post count...just saying

Todd v.

Ultimate Member
    Nov 30, 2008
    South Carolina
    They can knock on your door whenever they want, but you don't have to let them in unless they have a warrant and they need a reason and a judge's signature for that. Best thing to do is only divulge what's in your collection to people you trust and don't have them in plain site for nosy people to see.

Gfacter

Oct 9, 2008
    Metro MD
    I have a small collection of mostly vintage and C&R stuff.

If my neighbors or the media saw it, it would be a fully stocked arsenal.

Yoshi

Invictus
    Jun 9, 2010
    Someplace in Maryland
    If my neighbors... saw it, it would be a fully stocked arsenal.

:lol:

Apparently I am the "go to guy" I.C.E in the 'hood. I keep telling them, I am not, but anything more than "none" constitutes an arsenal for them. Of which I apprently own and I don't have many. :sad20: Don't get me wrong. They are receptive and not anti-gun... They just don't own any.

Gmanrules

Junior Newbie
    Nov 8, 2010
    Randallstown
    i got caught by that too...when i first came to the forum!;) um yeah i dont know about posting my numbers of what and how many i have or dont have:innocent0 not pointing fingers but especially from someone with a low post count...just saying
    Well, I understand what you are saying. It makes sense. I wasn't trying to be too intrusive.
    I tried to do a search and really couldn't figure out what is to much. It really doesn't matter. I'll probably double the number in the coming years. My wife will just have to cope and deal. I like the quote of MARKP "LOL, My wife said, "Well as long as you've got fewer guns than the number of women you've had, we're good." Does she want me to go out and sleep with more women???"

Mark, this is funny!!

damifinowfish

Ultimate Member
    Dec 14, 2009
    Remulak
    This is a loaded question.
    What are hers and what are mine?

I'm sure your wife has too many of something you could complain about.

My wife used to say " I know when he's been at the gun range because he stinks up the house cleaning guns after wards, at least he's not out drinking"

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    This is a loaded question.
    What are hers and what are mine?

I'm sure your wife has too many of something you could complain about.

My wife used to say " I know when he's been at the gun range because he stinks up the house cleaning guns after wards, at least he's not out drinking"

good answer...."My wife owns a few guns I don't own any" :innocent0

jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick
    I think FPS hit it with the "shoes" comparison. Telling your wife how many guns a bunch of "gun nutz" have isn't going to convince her.

Best to put it in terms of a hobby. I'm spending $X on my hobby. If it's a "collection" hobby rather than something like golf where you're spending on greens fees you'll see the results accumulate.

If your $X is too big, and the kids are hungry you have a problem. If it's a reasonable amount for you to be spending on something you enjoy the number of firearms should have zero consequence.

Welcome to the forum by the way!

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Well, I understand what you are saying. It makes sense. I wasn't trying to be too intrusive.
    I tried to do a search and really couldn't figure out what is to much. It really doesn't matter. I'll probably double the number in the coming years. My wife will just have to cope and deal. I like the quote of MARKP "LOL, My wife said, "Well as long as you've got fewer guns than the number of women you've had, we're good." Does she want me to go out and sleep with more women???"

Mark, this is funny!!

dont think of me bashing you cuz you are new to the forum... i have co-workers that dont know what or how much i have....they do know my interest in guns though...im just cautious is all...like one post talking about posting pictures with their firearms serial numbers on it...would it really matter? prob not...but at the same time why put that information out there...hence the boating accident:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom