• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Klunatic

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2011
    Montgomery Cty
    The shops that are part of the powered by system have signed deals with silencershop so that silencershop is acting as their agent. They e-mailed me a copy of the form 4 for mine and it is filled out in the name of my local ffl

Yes, that is exactly what I have been saying. Silencer shop prepares the paperwork but it is filed by your local FFL. The point is the form 4 cannot be filled out until the form 3 is completely processed and the item transferred to the local FFL.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    Yes, that is exactly what I have been saying. Silencer shop prepares the paperwork but it is filed by your local FFL. The point is the form 4 cannot be filled out until the form 3 is completely processed and the item transferred to the local FFL.

Look at post #13. This thread is Silencer Shop answering questions about thier "Powered" program.

http://nfatalk.org/forum/showthread.php?t=12750

Last edited:

Leper Messiah

Aug 18, 2014
    OP, are you going trust or individual? I don't think you will make the cut off date for a trust. I hope I am wrong for your sake......

Can you explain please? I purchased a suppressor on 3/15 and another a couple of days ago and I'm going the trust route. With wait times already discussed, how will the new ruling affect me?

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Can you explain please? I purchased a suppressor on 3/15 and another a couple of days ago and I'm going the trust route. With wait times already discussed, how will the new ruling affect me?

If you purchased them locally, you are OK. If you did them online on a F3, they might not get to your dealer in time to file the F4 before July 13. After July 13, all trustees will have to submit finger prints and photos. Look up rule 41p/f.

Klunatic

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2011
    Montgomery Cty
    Look at post #13. This thread is Silencer Shop answering questions about thier "Powered" program.

http://nfatalk.org/forum/showthread.php?t=12750

:facepalm:Doesn't matter what Silencer shop says in their online advertising. The only person who can submit the form 4 is the local FFL who will hand you your NFA item. Its Federal law that only an in state FFL can process the form 4 and they can't proceed with the form 4 until the form3 transfer is complete. I have been through this process half a dozen times myself. Don't believe me, then call them and ask. Here is the number to the NFA branch in Matinsburg,WV (304) 616-4500.

SneakySh0rty

Aug 22, 2013
    Pasadena
    Yep, the new rules only effect how trusts are handled. No changes to the individual submission process. It looks like the current wait for form 3 is about 1 month and form 4 is another 90-120 days according to NFA tracker. That's a lot better than the 6-9 months it took a year or so ago.

I dont know how accurate the 1 month for form 3s are. As said before, ive been waiting since feb 20. and if you look at the other current atf wait times thread, multi-month wait for form 3 looks like the standard.

Klunatic

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2011
    Montgomery Cty
    I dont know how accurate the 1 month for form 3s are. As said before, ive been waiting since feb 20. and if you look at the other current atf wait times thread, multi-month wait for form 3 looks like the standard.

Last time I talked to guys at A1 That's what they told me form3s were taking. I wouldn't be surprised if the ATF was slow walking form3s to push form 4 transfers past the July deadline.

Leper Messiah

Aug 18, 2014
    If you purchased them locally, you are OK. If you did them online on a F3, they might not get to your dealer in time to file the F4 before July 13. After July 13, all trustees will have to submit finger prints and photos. Look up rule 41p/f.

I did not purchase them locally but just be clear, as long as my form 4's are sent in before 7/13 I'm good?

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    I did not purchase them locally but just be clear, as long as my form 4's are sent in before 7/13 I'm good?

From what I understand, the form 4 needs to be postmarked by July 13th. If it is close, send it in overnight if you have to with tracking.

Also if you look at the ATF wait times thread, most people are tracking F4s at about 5 months. I had a check cashed 12/8 and it was approved 4/04.

My last F3 took 9 weeks, that was approved in March. I would not take what NFA or SS tracker not as gospel. Talk to the folks here. I submitted a F4 in early April (check cashed the 15th) and the dealer told me he was telling folk with the way things are trending, look for it around christmas. He was only half kidding. Waits are increasing.

drive_accord_ingly

Aug 1, 2007
    MoCo
    Why is everyone so pissed about the July ATF deadline? I understand that if you get it after July, you don't need CLEO signature...isn't that an improvement over the current?

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    Why is everyone so pissed about the July ATF deadline? I understand that if you get it after July, you don't need CLEO signature...isn't that an improvement over the current?

I don't think anyone is pissed about it.

Buying a NFA item as an individual will be easier, no CLEO sign off, just notification. It will save a couple months.

But buying with a trust will now require CLEO notification. As well as photos and prints of the responsible persons of the trust. It will also probably eliminate efile.

Some people are trying to get all the purchases for thier whole life done now. I can understand this, but only if you only plan on a couple of items.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom