• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HawaiiMark

Aug 2, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    I mailed my application on the 15th of September and my credit card was charged on the 21st. How long do you think it will be before I get my C&R in the mail?

HawaiiMark

Aug 2, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    I googled it and I found a bunch of hits from 2006 and 2008 talking about 3 months. I was hoping that process was significantly faster now.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    It all depends on their current licensing division workload.

For future reference, if you call up HQ and ask them who the licensing agent is for your particular state, you can put "Attn: Agent's Name" on the envelope and it makes it there a bit faster.

Recent renewal was 3 weeks from mailed to in my hands. That was about 1 year ago.

Stoic58

Jan 10, 2013
    Silver Spring
    Inspect your incoming mail carefully. The license will arrive in a nondescript envelope easily mistaken for junk mail. Someone here on MDS (I forgot who) posted this pic of what the envelope looks like.

Attachments

• C_R_envelope.jpg
      C_R_envelope.jpg
      12.3 KB · Views: 303

HordesOfKailas

Still learning
    Feb 7, 2016
    Utah
    Just about 4 weeks for both me and my my dad earlier this year. As stated above, check your mail thoroughly. My dad almost chucked his in the trash.

HawaiiMark

Aug 2, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    I just got my C&R and it only took 2 1/2 weeks. I will post pictures of my first C&R purchase tomorrow. A Colt 1911 from 1943.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fiveloaves

Sep 9, 2013
    Montgomery County
    You can look forward to the easy renewal process, and actually, I got a call from a very friendly and polite representative when they processed my application the first time. She just had an easy question, but the call itself left me very pleased.
    Who picks up the phone these days to process applications?
    Most agencies find it easier to stamp "incomplete" and put it at the bottom of the stack.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Inspect your incoming mail carefully. The license will arrive in a nondescript envelope easily mistaken for junk mail. Someone here on MDS (I forgot who) posted this pic of what the envelope looks like.

Hmm, that looks just like my counter in my kitchen..... wait.....that..... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom