How long do you search for your spent brass?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aquashooter

Apr 17, 2013
    Monkey Co
    I was at the old MSAR a while ago and actually had brass flying over the top of the divider from the shooter next to me. It wasn't his fault , but it was annoying to be hit in the face while trying to shoot my LEOSA quals.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Cool! Wonder what that does to balance?

I practice shooting offhand, which makes it worse. That's why I'm usually on the rightmost lane, or well away from the next person on the right.
    You really won't notice it.. it's just a nylon mesh bag with a strap around the bbl or handguard on my AR with a metal wire reinforcement. I use one cause brass is like gold.. lol

The only drawback is that if it isn't 'opened' when you cycle the action, the empties can tend to collect at the top and not drop down into the bag, but I have used mine many times and it still goes on pretty much anytime I am shooting reloadable ammo!!

Oops.. edit.. I just clicked the link.. different one than what I have used....

This is the one that I have... - http://www.cabelas.com/product/Caldwell-AR-Brass-Catcher/1170134.uts

blackseven

Regular Guy
    Aug 30, 2011
    I will pick up every piece of .308 brass I can find. Saw a young guy (Disclaimer, I'm 30, so he was younger than me... ) shooting Hornady 308 Match. I asked him politely if he was going to collect his brass after shooting a few boxes of the stuff, he said no, so I caught all his brass. Generally if people are not policing their brass after they pack up I figure I'm doing my good (albeit self serving) deed in cleaning up the range :)

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Cool! Wonder what that does to balance?

I practice shooting offhand, which makes it worse. That's why I'm usually on the rightmost lane, or well away from the next person on the right.

The E&I ones are solid plastic. No swinging bag. The mount over the ejection port, so right about the balance point.

I have used them in several firearms,and they work great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom