• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • How Long Did It Take TO Get Your HQL Approval?

• < 1 Day

Votes: 70 7.3%
    • 2 Days

Votes: 60 6.3%
    • 3 Days

Votes: 44 4.6%
    • 4 Days

Votes: 22 2.3%
    • 5 Days

Votes: 31 3.2%
    • 6 Days

Votes: 18 1.9%
    • 7 Days

Votes: 47 4.9%
    • 8 Days

Votes: 21 2.2%
    • 9 Days

Votes: 30 3.1%
    • 10+ Days

Votes: 611 63.8%
    • Denied HQL

Votes: 8 0.8%

• Total voters

Phoenix_1295

Creature of Life and Fire
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 6, 2010
    MD
    Is there any difference in time between one doing a full application to one doing post HGP application?
    Post-HGP applications have been approved within 24 hours.

The nice part about post-HGP application, is it’s free.

King of COD

Jul 24, 2022
    Baltimore
    I definitely broke the record for HQL wait time…applied 7/14 an been pending since 8/4 applied for an expungement which got denied cause of ineligible charges (unit rule) …had hearing today an it was GRANTED!! Now let’s see how long it takes now I’ve been waiting since 7/14
    Just attached compliance papers an was told “federal govt recently informed that Md expungements are no longer acceptable”

jweb

Oct 31, 2022
    Forest Hill, MD
    I applied 12-30-2022, expecting a quick approval since I got my carry permit approved that same day. I'm still waiting on the HQL. Was hoping for a quick approval and a new handgun before I get surgery on my strong side shoulder on the 25th.

Ellegon

Ultimate Member
    Sep 15, 2012
    Parkville
    I got my permit and applied right then. It was late at night. When I woke up it was in my inbox, about 10 hours. This was early Dec.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Mine is up for renewal this year in Oct like everyone else who got them originally in 2013. Should be interesting.

cobra

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2009
    White Marsh
    Since I now have my approved wear and carry permit and want to apply for free HQL
    After much searching here “thought” I read you could use same live scan finger prints for Hql application opposed to getting separate set of prints put could not find post saying so.
    Some direction here would be helpful before I set off for new set of prints.
    Sorry I could’nt find info in a search
    Thanks

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    You don't need anything else if you have HGP. just log into the portal and click on the button for HQL. It takes you to HQL portal where you need to create a second account. (if you don't already have one). I can't remember what you select, but you just enter your HGP number and that's about it. It's Maryland, so then you just wait.

That said, mine was approved today. I logged onto the portal, and I had a number. Later I received an email. 9 days.

Old-School Mark

My pronouns: Me, Myself and I.
    Jan 23, 2023
    Silver Spring
    I did the fingerprinting and submitted the form online on 1/14. There has been no movement on the “checklist” as of today. All fields other than “Application/License Fee” are “Unchecked”.

Phoenix_1295

Creature of Life and Fire
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 6, 2010
    MD
    Since I now have my approved wear and carry permit and want to apply for free HQL
    After much searching here “thought” I read you could use same live scan finger prints for Hql application opposed to getting separate set of prints put could not find post saying so.
    Some direction here would be helpful before I set off for new set of prints.
    Sorry I could’nt find info in a search
    Thanks
    Here is info to apply for HQL after HGP is approved.

Old-School Mark

My pronouns: Me, Myself and I.
    Jan 23, 2023
    Silver Spring
    I did the fingerprinting and submitted the form online on 1/14. There has been no movement on the “checklist” as of today. All fields other than “Application/License Fee” are “Unchecked”.
    It arrived today. 12 calendar days. Not bad considering it was submitted on a Saturday and the following Monday was a federal holiday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom