• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • How Long Did It Take TO Get Your HQL Approval?

• < 1 Day

Votes: 70 7.3%
    • 2 Days

Votes: 60 6.3%
    • 3 Days

Votes: 44 4.6%
    • 4 Days

Votes: 22 2.3%
    • 5 Days

Votes: 31 3.2%
    • 6 Days

Votes: 18 1.9%
    • 7 Days

Votes: 47 4.9%
    • 8 Days

Votes: 21 2.2%
    • 9 Days

Votes: 30 3.1%
    • 10+ Days

Votes: 611 63.8%
    • Denied HQL

Votes: 8 0.8%

• Total voters

JKrew

Jul 2, 2008
    I finally gave in and got mine in January. It took 7 days (5 business days) Submitted it on a Friday and had the email by the next Thursday night.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Hard to say. Put my application in after 5PM Dec 22; rec'd approval early morning Jan 5. I don't know if the 24th and 31st were treated as holidays. Assuming they were not, it would have been 10 business days, in the middle of the holiday season.

It took me nearly 9 years to overcome my reluctance; it was pure sentimentality that moved me to do so. I needed it to buy one of Rack&Roll's revolvers.

Needless to say, it rapidly resulted in acquisition of several new firearms. I figured it would happen, but I never guessed how quickly the opportunities would present themselves.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Hard to say. Put my application in after 5PM Dec 22; rec'd approval early morning Jan 5. I don't know if the 24th and 31st were treated as holidays. Assuming they were not, it would have been 10 business days, in the middle of the holiday season.

It took me nearly 9 years to overcome my reluctance; it was pure sentimentality that moved me to do so. I needed it to buy one of Rack&Roll's revolvers.

Needless to say, it rapidly resulted in acquisition of several new firearms. I figured it would happen, but I never guessed how quickly the opportunities would present themselves.

That's what Designated Collector status is for, right? ;)

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    That's what Designated Collector status is for, right? ;)

Yep.

And your FFL03 is even better; that's where all my gun money went after October 1 2013. Getting cool guns mailed to my front door gives me the illusion of being in America; living in MD, you never really understand the concept of freedom.

Raise a glass to Novus Collectus, long departed; he was responsible for turning any number of folks here onto this wonderful license, (which shouldn't be necessary to have in the first place).

King of COD

Jul 24, 2022
    Baltimore
    Livescan 7/12
    App submitted 7/14
    Still says pending an only thing completed is app fee …no response or notice from nobody yet don’t know if I’m denied or approved??

Last edited:

King of COD

Jul 24, 2022
    Baltimore
    9E454542-6679-49EF-90EC-941C51A3F284.png

Harbour01

Jul 22, 2022
    Glenburnie, Md
    I see ppl got background n fingerprint checks in a letter I received nothing but the receipt they give u at CJIS
    The same people that do the HQL are the same people that do Wear and carry . So expect it to be backed up from what I'm told they have 30 ( business day's) to get you your HQL . Wouldn't worry it's just going to take longer then expected

JPG

Ultimate Member
    Aug 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    Received email from a trainer with this as the lead sentence:

Clients have been receiving their handgun permits from Maryland State Police as quick as 12 days after applying!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom