• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • How Long Did It Take TO Get Your HQL Approval?

• < 1 Day

Votes: 70 7.3%
    • 2 Days

Votes: 60 6.3%
    • 3 Days

Votes: 44 4.6%
    • 4 Days

Votes: 22 2.3%
    • 5 Days

Votes: 31 3.2%
    • 6 Days

Votes: 18 1.9%
    • 7 Days

Votes: 47 4.9%
    • 8 Days

Votes: 21 2.2%
    • 9 Days

Votes: 30 3.1%
    • 10+ Days

Votes: 611 63.8%
    • Denied HQL

Votes: 8 0.8%

• Total voters

Buddy21907

Apr 19, 2016
    my Hql

I applied on 4/15 got the fingerprint letter 3 days after. App/fee and dhmh completed in 4 days and everything was unchecked then all of a sudden today logged on and I went active today and am waiting on the card in the mail.. I hated the feeling of wanting to log on and off all the time .. What a process....

DubleTap

Nov 19, 2011
    Applied 4/14 approved/active 5/11. Waiting on card.
    Bit of info, I called on 5/10 because my friends application which we submitted at the same time as mine, was approved last Friday. Mine was actually sent first. So after a weekend of me going "Why?" I decided if there was an issue I would try and head it off, if possible. Well come find out my son who is a Jr., had been busted for marijuana and, you guessed it, came back on my report. They explained while "THEY" (Im assuming the processing clerk) can see what has occurred, a Trooper must review it. Evidently it took them 2 business days to review it, clear the Sr. guy (me), and grant my HQL. My son may never know how much crap he just avoided.

Another fact of interest, which I did not know, is that MSP is required by MD Law to approve or deny within 30 days of submission. She explained that if for some reason they couldnt quite figure it out, they would print and mail the HQL BUT they could always email you later and withdraw the license.

Maryland, WHY AM I HERE? Oh yeah, It's for the crabs! :lol2:

jmsasser

Apr 10, 2016
    +1 on the crabs! Loved that my HQL was approved online, but I couldn't fill out paperwork for my firearm from the FFL until I received the license itself. I don't quite get the logic of that one.

montigre

May 16, 2016
    Took mine 3 weeks for the approval; then 3 days to get the card. Not bad considering the number of applicants done so far this year (well over 14,000).

cowboys5time25

Dec 20, 2012
    Frederick
    Does anyone know if you can still buy a lower receiver and use that for the HQL application? I'd rather buy a lower in this process instead of paying $100 for a class.

Does anyone know if you can still buy a lower receiver and use that for the HQL application? I'd rather buy a lower in this process instead of paying $100 for a class.

No. Have you ever bought a handgun or other regulated firearm in Maryland? If yes, you add the make, model and serial number to the application.
    Yes, they keep a database of every regulated firearm purchased. The problem is they don't know when they were sold and shipped to an out of state FFL.

gaskg

Jan 5, 2010
    Forest Hill
    Took a bit over 3 weeks to process. Website says approved on 6/17, still waiting for card in the mail. Such a frustrating process.

Zhou1968

Jun 30, 2016
    Fingerprint: 06/22
    Training course: 06/23
    Applied online: 06/23

All checklists unchecked except Application\License Fee

is that normal?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members