How long are 5320.20 (transport/address change) forms taking to process?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • squirrels

Who cooks for you?
    Jan 25, 2008
    Gonna be moving to PA in about a month. What's the turn-around on a 5320.20? Anyone know?

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    Gonna be moving to PA in about a month. What's the turn-around on a 5320.20? Anyone know?

I put one in around May 15, 2013 and got it approved around July 18, 2013. Was told by NFA Branch that it was taking approximately 90 days to get a Form 5320.20 approved.

Dave

JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    I put one in around May 15, 2013 and got it approved around July 18, 2013. Was told by NFA Branch that it was taking approximately 90 days to get a Form 5320.20 approved.

Dave

Oh joy, just mailed mine on 8/16.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I moved recently and I believe I got mine back in 4 or 5 weeks.

Good Luck!
    Jim Smith

why2kmax

Jacka$$
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury PA
    anyone have the fax number handy you use for the 5320.20? Im moving in about a month and completely forgot to do this
    Is it (800) 578-7223??

Everything I find says mail 2 copies.

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    anyone have the fax number handy you use for the 5320.20? Im moving in about a month and completely forgot to do this
    Is it (800) 578-7223??

Everything I find says mail 2 copies.

Yes, 2 copies if you mail them. I don't have the fax, but you can call 304-616-4500 to get the NFA Branch and someone who can help. Just explain your situation. They will tell you which reviewer it should go to so you can include their name with your fax.

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    I just received a call from ATF saying that my last 5320.20 (mailed on 1 Feb) was being rejected because they are no longer accepting the addition of "any locations within state" (or similar) after the specific address within Box 7 (Transporting to). They didn't say why, but I'm sure President Affirmative Action's agenda's behind it. Anyway, they said I could email a scan of the updated form and it'd be processed quickly (which I took to mean within a few days).
    Along the same lines, while ATF's interpretation of the Second Amendment is sorely askew, I have to say that their staff is always noticeably cordial and willing to help (as far as they're able). I can't think of any other federal agency I can say that about. So, on that score, kudos to ATF.

All that said, things're definitely changing and, discouragingly, not in a way befitting the intent of the Second Amendment.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    I just received a call from ATF saying that my last 5320.20 (mailed on 1 Feb) was being rejected because they are no longer accepting the addition of "any locations within state" (or similar) after the specific address within Box 7 (Transporting to).

They have been denying these for a couple years now.... It's my understanding that you have to use a physical address.

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    They have been denying these for a couple years now.... It's my understanding that you have to use a physical address.

This was included in addition to a specific physical address.
    Up 'til now, as an example, in case I had to stop for gas or something, I'd been entering:

11250 Waples Mill Road, Fairfax, VA 22030; any locations within state

...and never had a problem....until today.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    This was included in addition to a specific physical address.
    Up 'til now, as an example, in case I had to stop for gas or something, I'd been entering:

11250 Waples Mill Road, Fairfax, VA 22030; any locations within state

...and never had a problem....until today.
    Yeah copy that, but adding the open ended part (all places within the state etc) voided the application.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I changed my address within the same state 3 years ago and everything went through fine. So they had to have changed that policy wince then.

CrabbyMcNab

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2009
    Kind of puts a damper on taking an item to buddies place. I'd now have to ask him permission to list his address with the ATF as an alternate location for use of said items.

Semper Noctem

Desk Rabbit
    Aug 9, 2011
    Fairfax, VA

Yeah copy that, but adding the open ended part (all places within the state etc) voided the application.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

This is not correct. I used that exact language and my 20 was approved last month. It only took 4 weeks door to door.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom