How I got into Full Auto Cheap but still have a nice gun!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    This thread is now six years old :sad20:

M11/9s closer to 7-8K now. 3k doesn't seem so bad now.

Yes and I think they still have a lot of room. I think in time you will see the M11 come, at least, to within 90% the cost of an Uzi. As these slow fire uppers with optics and new steel mags take over and people see these guns for what they are, they will continue to grow. I think in time you might see the M11 overtake the Uzi. The Uzi is great but limited. The M11 is open for advancement. In time one of those advancements the M11 can do might prove more valuable than the steady solid gun you get in the Uzi. A working double stack mag would go a long way. Either way I think the market will give us $12K M11s at current prices soon. Its going to pull ahead of the tube gun group.

The only things that would hurt FA value would be the Fed opening new FA to civilians. Or the outright ban.

Either would kill the value on most modern MGs. If they ban them and take them... they will be worth nothing. If they ban them and don't steal them... then they are priceless! If they open the market, all modern MGs like M11s and M16s will drop below modern semi prices. Just like when the 94AWB died. Preban guns because old guns... That said Old historical MGs like Maxims and Potato Digger and guns that are rare anyway might actually go up in value since it will open up the market place. Lets face is, Colt SAAs are worth a lot without being banned. Why would the MG market not work the same way?

....But more likely, demographics will hurt the prices. As the baby boomers who own them now die off and their collections get sold, the prices will gradually come down. Many of the pussified millennials have no interest in MGs. A lot of the guys who own them now could not afford to buy their collections at today's prices. Reminds me of the 2007 housing bubble when people who owned their home for 20 years could not afford to buy it again at the 2007 price levels.

I'm staying the heck out of MGs until the prices return to sane levels. TMGN rents all sorts of full auto goodies pretty cheap. I think the MP5 is $100/hour. I'm happy to do that when I want a MG smile.

We have talked over this before and I still think that is wish thinking. It use to be that MGs had a bad reputation as Gangster guns and many saw them as bad guy guns. Thats not true today. There are plenty of pussies in every generation. However there have been plenty of large collections coming up for sale and the prices are not going down. The market keeps getting larger and eats all those guns "coming out of the woodwork" without slowing down. For example a bunch of harder to find M16s came up and it stopped the market advance for a few months. Now its on the rise again.

The housing market is totally different. Its directly related to Government loans and Government pressure. No pressure from the Government to give a MG to everyone. I guess you could argue the Government is driving prices up because of the ban but I don't see that going anywhere... Still totally different market.

Staying out now will just mean you never get in or get in at a lot higher price.

This thread will come up again and I think my prediction will be just as true then as it is now. If you want into the MG world, get in now! The M11 is still the way to go!

Hellrazr78

May 20, 2011
    Balt. Co.
    So keeping the current market in mind, how does 7,500 for an M11/9 with a suppressor, possibly unfired but probably low round count?

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    Ah man. Now to come up with the money.

Most FA owners don't get their FA guns without some pain. I sold stuff to get each of mine. You know what, I don't miss anything I sold when I think of what I got. Sell what you must. Sell what you can rebuy later if you want it back.

There is still a lot of room in the M11 as far as price goes. These guns with the new Tungsten bolts and Lage uppers are pretty much as nice as Uzis at this point. The Uzi mags are a bit nicer but with the new shockwave mags, its a small difference. The Mac takes a bit of work to get there but might actually offer a more modern platform than the uzi. Uzis are at $12.5K. M11s will come close to this under or over in it time. I would say the M11 should be $11k right now if I was valuing the potential of the gun in the future. I think its still an underpriced gun that people are waking up to see. Thats why they are jumping up in value quicker than any other gun other than maybe a M16 or HK sear.

So buy it now!

SneakySh0rty

Aug 22, 2013
    Pasadena
    Most FA owners don't get their FA guns without some pain. I sold stuff to get each of mine. You know what, I don't miss anything I sold when I think of what I got. Sell what you must. Sell what you can rebuy later if you want it back.

There is still a lot of room in the M11 as far as price goes. These guns with the new Tungsten bolts and Lage uppers are pretty much as nice as Uzis at this point. The Uzi mags are a bit nicer but with the new shockwave mags, its a small difference. The Mac takes a bit of work to get there but might actually offer a more modern platform than the uzi. Uzis are at $12.5K. M11s will come close to this under or over in it time. I would say the M11 should be $11k right now if I was valuing the potential of the gun in the future. I think its still an underpriced gun that people are waking up to see. Thats why they are jumping up in value quicker than any other gun other than maybe a M16 or HK sear.

So buy it now!

I picked up a mac because of this thread (rpb m11a1). I really wanted an m11/9 but for my first large nfa purchase I went with an instate deal and that was available at the time. 7k included max31mk2 and lage stock, 5 suomi drum, another barreled upper, and a handful of 380 metal mags.

Been contemplating whether on getting an actual m11/9 with more accessories or continue saving up for an m16 or mp5

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    I picked up a mac because of this thread (rpb m11a1). I really wanted an m11/9 but for my first large nfa purchase I went with an instate deal and that was available at the time. 7k included max31mk2 and lage stock, 5 suomi drum, another barreled upper, and a handful of 380 metal mags.

Been contemplating whether on getting an actual m11/9 with more accessories or continue saving up for an m16 or mp5

Haha, yes this thread sold several Macs! :)

M11a1 is still a great choice. Often I say you just have to get into something. A M11a1 was about the same prices as a M11 back then and is still about the same now. However both have almost tripled in price. The point being that the trading of a M11a1 for a M11 down the road would not be that expensive. However waiting would be and you get the enjoy the M11A1 until then.

The only reason I like the M11 over the Mac 10 or M11A1 is that its the most common gun used by those upgrading these guns. For example both Lage and these Tungsten bolts first came out for the M11. Now they are working on the M11A1 and Mac 10.

The M11A1 is the perfect lower if you want the Suomi drum option. Its the shortest package you can make out of a long gun.

That said I REALLY like this Tungsten bolt thats out. I mean its like night and day difference. I am building a stock upper now for it. I like my Lage MkI but if I can get the same out of a stock upper... it will make for a cool option over the larger Lage upper.

P.S. Are you coming out to shoot with us at the MDTCA?

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    The M11A1 is the perfect lower if you want the Suomi drum option. Its the shortest package you can make out of a long gun.

P.S. Are you coming out to shoot with us at the MDTCA?

I agree with you on the Lage Max31A package. More compact than the equivalent upper on an M11.

And FYI, TCA Full Auto Pumpkin shoot is 11/5 at AGC. :D

Mike

Propietario de casa, Toluca, México
    MDS Supporter
    Not an endorsement or anything. I saw this and offer the link as possible aid.

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=200572

Machine Guns In-stock
    Vince will be typing up info after I post, and he's the man to contact.
    attachment.php

this is one of many photos in the above link

TRW M14, with E2 stock, 1 mag- $23K

American 180 w 2 drums, 1 winder $11,500

Auto Ordnance Thompson factory 22lr- only 200 made- one mag, spare extractor- $12,500

MAC 10/45 -Powder Springs gun, AWC MK9 suppressor- $8500

SWD M11A1 380/9mm, Lots of accessories. Comes with all original factory 380 parts. LAGE 9mm conversion upper, LAGE grip & folding stock, 3 lug barrel, brass catcher, ZERO Halliburton case, AWC MK9 3 lug 9mm suppressor, 23 zytel mags, 3 old school Component Metal Products mags, 2 Shockwave Technologies 30rd mags, 10 Shockwave Technologies 50rd mags. Gun runs flawlessly. $11k with all acessories/ $10K for the gun/lage/suppressor and one mag.

HK MP5K/ S&H sear/ AWC suppressor- $45K

Sten MKII- extra stock, 5 mags, loader- $7500

5.56blaster

Ultimate Member
    Last machine gun I bought was in 1992, Fleming HK auto sear, $199 at Woodbine Guns. Jamie (anyone remember him) had about a dozen at the time. I got two, wish I had bought them all. I never paid more than $899 (AC 556F) for an MG. Again I should have bought everyone of them I could have afforded. Hindsight.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Last machine gun I bought was in 1992, Fleming HK auto sear, $199 at Woodbine Guns. Jamie (anyone remember him) had about a dozen at the time. I got two, wish I had bought them all. I never paid more than $899 (AC 556F) for an MG. Again I should have bought everyone of them I could have afforded. Hindsight.

you and anyone else who got one or more back then should just be grateful. And it sounds like you are. No chance I'm ever buying an MG. Just too damned expensive. Collector's item for sure, but if the S ever really does hit the F it'll be far from impossible to "fix" any number of semi autos should one desire ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom