• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I think a lot of us can look at our restrictions and make an argument for nearly full-time carry. I imagine if you are doing something really dumb (Raven's game) you are hosed. First, an officer has to see your weapon, then he has to decide it is worth his time to push the issue.

13mogul

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2009
    No LARGE sums of money are required. Not sure where people get that from..... :shrug: I was never asked how much money or was told it had to meet some secret $criteria$ to be approved....

Hate to disagree, but right on page 1 of the app., specifies ;
    a) "owner or employee of a business",
    (i) Making deposits.......(6) random deposit slips....
    (ii) Cash Flow......(10) receipts showing purchases.....

Other categories for permit applicants are;
    b) Professional Activities: Doctors, Pharmacies etc
    c) Correctional Officers
    d) Former Police Officer
    e) Private Detective etc
    f) Personal Protection: There must be documented evidence of recent threats, robberies, and/or assaults, supported by official police reports or notarized statements from witnesses.

:mad54:

Todd v.

Ultimate Member
    Nov 30, 2008
    South Carolina
    Hate to disagree, but right on page 1 of the app., specifies ;
    a) "owner or employee of a business",
    (i) Making deposits.......(6) random deposit slips....
    (ii) Cash Flow......(10) receipts showing purchases.....

Other categories for permit applicants are;
    b) Professional Activities: Doctors, Pharmacies etc
    c) Correctional Officers
    d) Former Police Officer
    e) Private Detective etc
    f) Personal Protection: There must be documented evidence of recent threats, robberies, and/or assaults, supported by official police reports or notarized statements from witnesses.

:mad54:
    My post was a little bad on punctuation but what I said is true.. It doesn't say large sums of money... I have a permit and it was never asked or brought up as any kind of issue, only that there was cash flow in and out and that I made cash deposits... During the interview I told him some days it's nothing, some days it can be a lot, in those words... The only paperwork I gave them was copies of a few pages of a bank statement and it didn't say what was cash and what was charges....

My point is that it's not as hard as many people say, but you do have to meet their criteria. Pretty much anyone who makes cash deposits, owns a company or has permission from their boss & can legally own a firearm can get a permit here. Trust me I'm not saying our setup is a good one.... Peoples cash should not be more important than us being able to protect ourselves. And once you get a permit for cash reasons you're also restricted to carrying while your transporting cash or to and from work. Like a would be robber actually knows when you have money in your pocket and when you dont.... :rolleyes:

Now trying to get one for personal protection is a whole different story, like I said.

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    No LARGE sums of money are required. Not sure where people get that from..... :shrug: I was never asked how much money or was told it had to meet some secret $criteria$ to be approved....

For those who are down on Bob Ehrlich, MSP attended two CCW seminars sponsored by AGC, the first in April and the other in October, 2006. Public interface on such a hot topic could not have been possible without the Governor's approval.

Part of the discussion involved complaints from "small-time" merchants who didn't meet the current large sum requirement. Colonel Hutchins said that seemed unfair and it's my understanding the rules were changed accordingly.

Plans for more such meetings died with O'Malley's election in 2007.

Todd v.

Ultimate Member
    Nov 30, 2008
    South Carolina
    For those who are down on Bob Ehrlich, MSP attended two CCW seminars sponsored by AGC, the first in April and the other in October, 2006. Public interface on such a hot topic could not have been possible without the Governor's approval.

Part of the discussion involved complaints from "small-time" merchants who didn't meet the current large sum requirement. Colonel Hutchins said that seemed unfair and it's my understanding the rules were changed accordingly.

Plans for more such meetings died with O'Malley's election in 2007.

Cool, didn't know that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom