• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • narcolepticsniper

That one guy
    Jul 4, 2009
    Indiana
    I've got a pistol I need to get rid of, and I don't know how to do it. I know it's a regulated firearm, so I can't sell it FTF. Do I have to go to the MSP barracks and get paperwork? Do I get in touch with a FFL before I offer it for sale? I just don't know these things, and need to make a short sale before I move to Colorado. Thanks for the info.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    state police barracks to complete the transfer there. you could visit an ffl like dan at gunconnection and have him do the transfer for a slight fee...or you could just plain sell it to an ffl without paperwork.

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    If you are selling it to another resident of MD, you can either do the transfer at a MSP barracks during normal business hours. Make sure the buyer has proof of training. MSP charges $10, not sure if they want cash or MO or check. You leave the unloaded gun in your car and the officer will come out withn you to get serial # and gun info.

Option 2, do the transfer at a MD dealer who handles regulated guns. Both of you visit FFL and fill out paperwork.

in both cases, you must wait for the paperwork and the one gun in 30 days rules apply. (Unless buyer is a designated collector.)

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Another option - take it to a gun store, and put it on consignment, or if you need the money ASAP just ask them what they'll give you for it. Just don't appear too eager, or you'll get short-changed.

narcolepticsniper

That one guy
    Jul 4, 2009
    Indiana
    Oh, and another thing. Does there need to be a shell casing on file at MSP? I purchased the pistol legally in another state while residing in that other state. I brought it here when I got stationed here, and now I'm leaving and don't want to take it with me (really, I want to get one of TSS1004's guns to replace it).

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    No casing is needed. That is another flaw in the great law.

The gun was new to you, when you sell it, it is a used gun. No casing needed for a used handgun.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Oh, and another thing. Does there need to be a shell casing on file at MSP? I purchased the pistol legally in another state while residing in that other state. I brought it here when I got stationed here, and now I'm leaving and don't want to take it with me (really, I want to get one of TSS1004's guns to replace it).

you are selling it as used.. no casing involve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom