• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ride4frnt

Jun 18, 2011
    Clear Spring
    First day of rifle, how did everyone do. I'm hunting just inside of region 1 so it's buck only for me. 6 deer ran by about 15 minutes before legal shooting time and couldn't tell if they were buck or doe. 2 doe shortly after sunrise and no action after that. May have had something to do with the guy across the ridge wasting about $500 in ammo from some sort of semi auto rifle.

What were your experiences?

jpo183

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    in Maryland
    wife told me at 11pm last night that I had to take my son to a birthday party at 11.............sooo I didnt get to go

Hoping for a day this week. At least it will be slower during the weekdays.

DoormanTNT

Ultimate Member
    Jul 17, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    I saw 5 does (on legal public land) and about 30 (legit 30) on private land on way out.
    Plus the 6 crossin the road at 0445 this morning on way in.

I had no shots today, brother shot at 3 does around 10, and succeeded at taking out a 2" cedar tree. L
    LOL.
    We will be out all week so better luck Monday.

Was a wonderful day watching Gods world wake up while I was sittin in a blind.

CEK

Oct 7, 2012
    Had 12 deer pass by my stand between 515-630 to dark to shoot or tell what they were. Saw nothing else after that and got down at 130. Going out again in the am. Carroll county private land.

MDHunter

Ultimate Member
    Mar 12, 2007
    Free America
    Saw a group of 10 does and young ones, then 2 forkhorns and 2 does, and then a spike and a doe. Passed them up, Opening Day I hunt for mature bucks, and then go for mature bucks or mature does the rest of the season.

Got a couple pics of the forkhorn. It was COLD this morning!

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    I didn't go but I saw several wounded deer and a nice 8 point today on the way to Libertytown. Heard a couple shots just minutes ago from my house. Words can not express.:banghead:

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    I spooked a doe walking in this afternoon ad her friend came walking right by me 10 minuets later. I passed in anticipation of a buck trailing them but no luck, saw a few more doe's

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    You on state land?

No private...

Pics...

20131130_111417_zps5973748f.jpg

2013113095095622_zps10b2acb5.jpg

HogCommander

Aug 10, 2013
    Texas Hill Country
    2 different public hunts today. AM hunt I counted 70 shots from other hunters in 2.5 hours but didn't see anything except a reflective marker and someone else's cigarette butts at the base of tree I like to hunt from. Didn't notice till I came down after hunting. This has been a productive spot and will be pissed if some chucklehead's littering & smoking spooks them away.

PM hunt was in Patuxent Research Refuge. Some other hunters west of me started talking loud enough to spook a good size doe toward me. She got within range but made cover before I could get a shot. Prob God watching out for me...the doe was so far to my right I had to stand up and turn around to aim. Had my climber in smallest diameter tree possible and the 12 ga magnum slug may well have knocked me over or cork-screwed me and my stand around the tree :). Had my harness on & secured to tree but prob better off not shooting like that.

jtb81100

Ultimate Member
    May 28, 2012
    Western HoCo
    Had to work 6-2 so couldn't get out at all in the am. Got out just as the deer were starting to move this afternoon. Couldn't get to where I normally sit because they were moving through the area in front of it so I sat about 50 yards further back hoping they'd come through to the feeder. Nope.
    Got some time off next week so I'll be out a LOT.

tc617

USN Sub Vet
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yuma, Arizona
    My uncle got a 6-point about 200' behind my house this morning. I have a herd of deer that come through my yard twice a day.

While walking out there to help him field dress it, I stumbled upon a 7-point rotting in the woods with an arrow sticking in it.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Watched 5 jump in the freezing cold river and swim across which was bad ass but then went the wrong direction from me.....about 70 yards heavy brush. Nothing on my evening hunt but snow geese and squirrel

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom