• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    No crime on my street in the Burnie. Surrounded by crime on neighboring streets, but this one has been quiet for 10 years.

jvv26

Mar 13, 2011
    baltimore
    My block on frederick ave is ok. It might be because the SW precinct is in my backyard. But head east a block or 2 and you can get all the dope and guns you want( there's not even a 7 day on handguns down there)

zcbailey

Mar 3, 2010
    Phoenix
    Where I am sadly does have area crime. I remember when you could leave your car unlocked, keep your house open and never have to worry. Now, the local BP has gotten shot up, the neighbor's house has been robbed, my other neighbor's truck broken into and the Citgo guy brutally assaulted. The increase in crime just makes me sick.

cobra

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2009
    White Marsh
    Metro/public transportation is no different then the govments answer to Move To Oppurtunity
    Why provide a means of public transportaion to an area that untill public transportation was avalible had less crime,but still has no valuable reason to provide transportaion to those areas in the first place.
    Residents never needed or asked for public transportaion in the past or now.
    What changed?

Guess my guestion is. Why would bus routes go to these areas if most employed in these areas don't rely at all on public transportaion.?

Not judgeing,just trying to understand?:)

tonyw

Feb 8, 2010
    AACo
    Its pretty quite by me and my shop. Sort of, theres a weapons offense down the street. :wtf: But I know the BP down the street was robbed last year sometime. Everything else is narcotics with a couple B&Es/thefts here and there down from my house and my shop. The shocking thing is the rape that was local, its reported within a block of the police station, then there were 2 stabbings I know of in that general area. It used to be just rednecks and rich people around here... :sad20: Theres a lot of disorderly conducts and narcotics violations tho and destruction of property. Not overly concerning there... till someone decides to touch my car.

itsatrap

Jan 6, 2011
    MoCo
    Not bad at all, my immediate area is quiet, however within 10 minutes from me there can be some stabbings and robbery's (good old wheaton md)

Ganegrei

Comblock Convert
    Jun 23, 2011
    Somewhere in BoCo
    I live in an island of stability surrounded on three sides by trouble. The reason why this island exists is because of the high proportion of law enforcement, military, and DoD folks who live there.

Worst incident we have had this year is a petty theft. But go 2 miles away and you have drug violations, knife crime, etc.

Hooker2

Disgruntled Pygmy
    Jan 10, 2008
    Bel Air
    Mine is red, but I do live in Patterson Park, so I suppose that was to be expected.

I work in Canton (on the Square) and I head in around 4:00am-4:30am so if the bouncers from Claddagh's aren't out my head is on a swivel.
    The 'safe' areas are being more heavily targeted. The criminal element is more brazen and violent at this point. It is getting ridiculous and you living off of Patterson Park get to see every walk of life. My friend re-habbed and lives in a house off of Patterson, he also owns an Olde English Bull-Dogge and various firearms. He said that he had to holster up when doing the plumbing because if you turn your back the copper was gone or someone was in your house pulling crap down.

Nothinghead

Jun 29, 2011
    Severna Park
    it's true. all the copper has been ripped out of the lights in the park. some say for copper, some say so noone can see them doing nefarious things...

I just went to Juvi for some 13year old kid who attempted a B&E on my place while the wife and I were in Connecticut for the weekend. a neighbor happened to walk into his back yard and see the kid and his 11 yo buddy and scared them off. he called the cops and they caught them both. apparently the littler one was son young they just gave him community service and a slap. the older one was the boss. I sat in the waiting room for 4 hours while they tried to explain his options to him, but apparently if he doesn't understand what can happen in court, then the trial cannot proceed so I was sent home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markmcgrrr

Latest threads

Top Bottom