• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rambler

Doing the best with the worst.
    Oct 22, 2011
    If its a collection as long as you have the room and funds, unlimited. I fall into the category of not being able to shoot what I have. I am hoping that will change when I join a club/range closer to me and the kids are a little bit older. I am a collector by nature, so while guns may not be a "good investment" they generally hold their value if not increase. I have collected baseball cards, die-cast cars, and sports figures as for comparison. They almost all were losing value hobbies/collections. To me it is a good investment in that I am going to collection something anyway, so it might as well be something that holds its value. I am by no means a prepper or thinking we are on the brink of SHTF but the collection would really turn into a good investment if anything were to happen.

I tend to agree with this. However, there are definitely different categories of guns with respect to "investment". True investment grade guns tend to increase in value as long as there are still collectors interested. But in a SHTF scenario, that unfired artillery luger with all origin accessories is nothing more than a fancy shooter grade gun.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    Some people take investments way too seriously. I collect for fun. When it becomes work it’s time to move on to something else.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Just change the lyrics ...

Blue lights flashing in my rear view
    The sheriff said, "Boy I should've known it was you
    You got fourteen AR's in the back of this truck
    I warned you twice and now I'm writing you up"
    I said "Officer, what have I done?"
    He smiled and said, "Boy you're having too much guns"

Too much guns, what's that mean?
    It's like too much money, there's no such thing
    It's like a girl too pretty with too much class
    Being too lucky, a car too fast
    No matter what they say, I've done
    But I ain't never had too much guns​

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    A collection is "too big" when the boat ride to the bottom of the Bay fails because the boat sank from the weight at the launch site.

This is self-calibrating; the more money you have, the bigger collection, and boat, you can afford.

Juche90

May 10, 2014
    A collection is "too big" when the boat ride to the bottom of the Bay fails because the boat sank from the weight at the launch site.

This is self-calibrating; the more money you have, the bigger collection, and boat, you can afford.

Reminds me of something I saw over on NE Shooters. The thread was about ghost guns and someone posted that they haunt the Cape Cod Canal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Guns are much better investments than strippers, tequila, compulsive gambling, fast cars, and mistresses .

Jarhead FLSTI

Aug 31, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    It used to be "range day". Then it turned into "10mm range day". Then it turned into "10mm Glock range day". Then it repeated for .45, 9mm, .40, .357, .44Mag... then CZ, EAA, S&W, Ruger, Colt (and I'll even admit Taurus). Eventually I even went farther with full size, then compact, then subcompact. "Today is 9mm CZ full size range day" or "Today is .45acp Colt commemorative edition range day". We won't even start with the rifles. My wife used to think I had a problem... now she knows I have a problem.

The problem is that I need more guns!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom