Мэриленд
    No guns you say...

iu

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    The map seems to have lost New Zealand, and the slaughter in Greenland is suspicious. There may be more possible anomalies.

MattFinals718

Nov 23, 2022
    Arlington, VA
    Interesting article. The flaw in its premise is that a sizeable percentage of the guns in Mexico do come from the U.S., and start life on the civilian market. Not all - the cartels have definitely used plenty of Eastern Bloc and U.S. military-spec weapons that were exported to Central America during the Cold War and are still in circulation, not to mention weapons sold to or made by the Mexican government that have made their way to cartel members through corruption. But I don't think the argument is sound without addressing that point.

In another topic, I mentioned that I've talked to Mexican expats about gun rights in Mexico, and many of them think that an armed population wouldn't make a significant difference at the individual level. Their mindset is that if someone affiliated with a cartel attacks and/or robs you, and if you defend yourself, you'll be facing the wrath of a LOT of his comrades, and no matter how many guns you have, you're going to lose in that fight. It's not like the U.S., where the person most likely to try and break into your house is some junkie who is unaffiliated with any criminal organization. I dunno that I like that mindset, but I've been told it's the prevailing attitude.

There are, of course, the autodefensas, but they're mostly arming themselves via the same illicit sources that are funneling arms to the cartels that they fight against. And most of the Mexican population is not organized in those groups, or any other comparable militia that exists for the purpose of fighting the cartels.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    The map seems to have lost New Zealand, and the slaughter in Greenland is suspicious. There may be more possible anomalies.

Not sure on the dates of that chart but Greenland's population is small and a few homicides add up quick to the number.

Some older numbers. 2013 (as would 2012) fits within the numbers on Jim's chart above.
    • Greenland murder/homicide rate for 2016 was 5.37, a 25.03% decline from 2015.
    • Greenland murder/homicide rate for 2015 was 7.16, a 0.1% increase from 2014.
    • Greenland murder/homicide rate for 2014 was 7.15, a 42.72% decline from 2013.
    • Greenland murder/homicide rate for 2013 was 12.48, a 12.33% decline from 2012.

Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.
    Once the hydrogen plasma bolt gun is invented and printed on 3D printers everywhere the future of this argument will be mute.

AI will assist us so we humans can self destruct.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    Once the hydrogen plasma bolt gun is invented and printed on 3D printers everywhere the future of this argument will be mute.

AI will assist us so we humans can self destruct.
    We really don't need AI's help. Our organic gullibility, distrust, narcissism and misdirected anger, fueled by social mefia, seem quite capable of taking out humanity without external assistance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom