• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • circleshooter

Ultimate Member
    Nov 8, 2009
    Baltimore County
    :omg:

I think we need a special session in MD to ban X-acto knives. Yes. It's being reported that the weapon used in this heinous act was an X-acto.

A terrible event, to be sure, but sadly yet another example that it ain't the object. It's the operator.

Dec 31, 2012
    Knives should require a background check and fingerprints. I'm sure that would have stopped this from happening.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    This stuff blows my mind.

I can see attacking one or two people but 14? At what point does a Man step up and go hands on with this guy? It's a box cutter not a machette.

Forget the CCW arguement....we need to raise our children to have some guts, morals, ethics, and ability and willingness to physically cause harm to someone trying to hurt others.

matt

No one special
    Apr 9, 2011
    Forget the CCW arguement....we need to raise our children to have some guts, morals, ethics, and ability and willingness to physically cause harm to someone trying to hurt others.

Sadly - people are being raised not to defend themselves- but to WAIT for the police... Pathetic if you ask me. What a shame a human didn't step up and defend those not willing around them. Sounds like a bunch of damn sheep if you ask me.

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    CNN reports:

Multiple people were injured in a stabbing incident today at a Houston-area college, prompting officials to urge students to take shelter, the school said.

This is exactly what a group of us were talking about right after Newtown. Criminals don't care about the law, and crazy people don't care about anything.

Take away guns, and there's ice picks, knives, bats, shovels, poisons, cars, trucks, gasoline. Even chicken soup. You ever been hit on the head with a case of chicken soup? The list goes on.

Wreckless

Mar 27, 2009
    Frederick
    This won't mean anything to the other side. They will just come back with "see, if it was a gun all those people would have died."

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    This stuff blows my mind.

I can see attacking one or two people but 14? At what point does a Man step up and go hands on with this guy? It's a box cutter not a machette.

Exactly. Jason Bourne would've killed them both with a Bic pen and a rolled up magazine. Seriously though, no one could throw a chair, a backpack, or a text book at them? I'd hate to be a student who witnessed this and have to live with the woulda - coulda - shoulda.

Right2Carry

Feb 27, 2009
    District 32
    Sadly - people are being raised not to defend themselves- but to WAIT for the police... Pathetic if you ask me. What a shame a human didn't step up and defend those not willing around them. Sounds like a bunch of damn sheep if you ask me.

Possible the reason why they were targeted.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Makes me proud of my Italian and Germany hertiage I suppose.

I was taught you arent nor will you be someone's punching bag, soft target, or in this case stabbing practice partner.

The old saying never start a fight but finish it was always conveyed in my house hold.

The same will be passed along to my children.

Library Guy

Library Marksmanship Unit
    May 25, 2012
    I have long been a supporter of hobby and crafts. America has a long tradition of scrapbooking. But these X-Acto Knives are really scalpel style killing machines. They have no legitimate culinary use and most crafters I know use blunt scissors.

These scalpel like killing machines have quick change edge blades that don’t need to be sharpened honed. If the attacker had to stop and resharpen hone his edge blade after seven cuts perhaps someone could have over powered him. But as the event tragically unfolded, he was able to continue eviscerating hundreds of times a minute.

The handle grips are of these weapons of mass cutting are grooved and checkered allowing the killer to stab from the hip even after his hands are wet with blood.

We must have some common sense laws governing edge blades. These edge blades belong in operating theaters not movie theaters.

Certainly some model airplane builders will say they need X-Acto knives. I’m not going to take any model builder’s X-Acto knife. Current owners of X-Acto Knives will be able to keep their grip handles providing they aren't checkered and up to three edge blades (except those claw shaped recurved thingies that flip up.) You don't need ten edge blades to carve duck.

Modelers will have to be finger printed and take a drug test to make sure they haven’t been huffing glue.

Chisels and other wood working tools will not be affected by this law.

This will be the strictest law in the country but is only common sense. It will save hundreds of lives of children, butterflies, and paper dolls.

Waz

SHAZAM!!!
    Dec 15, 2012
    Glen Burnie-ish
    ThatIsAFact said:
    Will the President now call for immediate federal restrictions on these high-capacity stabbing devices

wanted-movie_poster-1-1-1.jpg

The BUTCHER said:
    Here's what you need to know, puto. Knives are easy to hide. They don't jam, and they never run out of bullets. They come in handy when you want to do some close contact work.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    This won't mean anything to the other side. They will just come back with "see, if it was a gun all those people would have died."

Easy way to counter that - simply point out that if a disturbed person got hold of any of these, it would have resulted in mass fatalities too:

Axes, machetes, swords, gasoline/diesel/kerosene, cars/trucks, homemade fertilizer bombs, poisons, insecticides, aircraft.

The blame - and the focus - for mass murders should be on the perpetrator, END STORY.

BeerHunter

Don't ReMember
    Feb 13, 2013
    SoPROM
    Actually, it looks like at least one student took decisive action and reportedly tackled the assailant and held him until police arrived. And at least one student stated to a reporter afterword that fortunately, they were protected by God in their classroom but unfortunately the school rules and local laws don’t let them carry protection and they wished they could be protected by God and GUNS!

Unfortunately I just heard him saying this on the radio because I’d love to have the reporter’s reaction to that!

zenMonkey

Patriot Picket
    Mar 30, 2013
    It would have been so much worse if the assailant hadn't had to stop and reload... oh wait...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom