• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • m4strmind

Nov 14, 2006
    Any news as to when this week the vote will be?

Last I heard it was supposed to be sometime this week.

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    Wednesday. Not sure of the time, but Delegate Biedle said that it was going to be on the floor Wednesday.
    Has the committee(s) even voted on it yet?

That will be a quick move if they bring it up on the floor, unless they are going to debate the Senate's version.

codefive

Jun 9, 2012
    What about it is outdated?

Referencing the Bill in question, all it says is there will be a hearing on 3/1.
    We already had that, OP was looking for the day they will vote on it. The info regarding that Bill is not up to date.

Good link for general info, just didnt answer the OPs question.

Clovis

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 1, 2011
    Centreville
    Think any of the bills have to come out of a committee to hit the floor. I guess it could come out of Health and Gov't Operations, but it may be bad form if it is not also debated and voted on by Judical. Other than that, it could be on the floor by tomorrow...have to hope not.

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    Think any of the bills have to come out of a committee to hit the floor. I guess it could come out of Health and Gov't Operations, but it may be bad form if it is not also debated and voted on by Judical. Other than that, it could be on the floor by tomorrow...have to hope not.
    Unless they can get a discharge petition to bring it to the floor (which is a rarity, and I am unsure of the numbers needed for such a procedural move), the only way to the floor is by committee favorable report.

Perhaps there is an end run by the Speaker of the House as well, but something like that will stink to high hell and I doubt it will be done.

MH1

I call shotgun
    Mar 7, 2013
    Middle River, MD
    Referencing the Bill in question, all it says is there will be a hearing on 3/1.
    We already had that, OP was looking for the day they will vote on it. The info regarding that Bill is not up to date.

Good link for general info, just didnt answer the OPs question.

Oh ok. I see your point. That is how it is marked until it is scheduled for a vote. As far as I know that is the most up to date information meaning that it has not been scheduled yet. The gov website has the same as current status. http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/webmga/frmMain.aspx?id=hb0294&stab=01&pid=billpage&tab=subject3&ys=2013RS

as soon as it is scheduled, both sites should have it.

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    I've heard from more than one person that the house is going to let the Senate Bill expire so they don't need to vote on it. If so, when does it expire?

MH1

I call shotgun
    Mar 7, 2013
    Middle River, MD
    The house bill is in Health and Government Operations hb294
    the senate bill is in Judiciary sb281.

Neither has passed committee yet.

MH1

I call shotgun
    Mar 7, 2013
    Middle River, MD
    I've heard from more than one person that the house is going to let the Senate Bill expire so they don't need to vote on it. If so, when does it expire?

End of session- April 8 at midnight. So they may be looking to pass the house bill then hash it out with the senate in a conference committee.

Clovis

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 1, 2011
    Centreville
    HB294 as well as a bunch of other bills were heard on the 1st by a Joint committee comprised of Health and Government Operations and Judiciary. I think they have to come out of both committees or at least one to get to the floor. And for what it is worth the SB281 will only expire at the end of session next month.

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    HB294 as well as a bunch of other bills were heard on the 1st by a Joint committee comprised of Health and Government Operations and Judiciary. I think they have to come out of both committees or at least one to get to the floor. And for what it is worth the SB281 will only expire at the end of session next month.
    Cinderella lost a shoe at midnight...

The Maryland people need these bills to be lost for good at midnight on Sine Die.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom