• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    I would recommend Type A Cleaning 410-592-2597
    Very thorough, insured, bonded etc. They bring everything needed except paper towels. Use all safe/green cleaning solutions.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    One of my associates used to rave about this 'maid', his kids loved her, and over time she even prepared a meal once a week for the family. Sad part- eventually he suspected her of stealing, and eventually once he had proof and was forced to let her go... He was lucky to not have to go to court and defend false 'allegations'. She was not detered to use our legal system although she was illegally in the US.

Beware of 'additional services' and boyfriends stopping by your house while she's working. Top jobs for ex-cons and illegals: handyman, day labor, maid service. Ok, all you rich guys with guns have been warned, I can go back to sleep now :)

Minuteman

BANNED!!!

I accepted your invitation and typed 'naked cleaners' into google and got this under images. I think I understand your "!" now. :)

rosie.jpg

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    I have a family member in 21224 who is interested in having someone help keep things tidy around the house. The first cleaning would be a deeper, more involved thing, with ideally recurring appointments every other week.

Might someone here be able to recommend a company that works in that area?

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I have a family member in 21224 who is interested in having someone help keep things tidy around the house. The first cleaning would be a deeper, more involved thing, with ideally recurring appointments every other week.

where is 21224?

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    As a gift for Mrs smokey, I just had some cleaners give the house a deep clean the day before son #3 came. In order for them to do their thing, I first tidied up the house enough to where tabletops/dressers were empty and had son 1 & 2 clean their rooms. So before cleaners stepped foot in the house, it was already very clean.

The cleaners vacuumed, mopped the floors, wiped down the tabletops/counters, cleaned out the fridge, microwave, and oven, deep cleaned the bathrooms, and even gave the hallway walls a scrub where kids have left all manner of grime.

It just made the house feel ready for a baby to explore without finding neglected crud in corners. I would definitely not get them regularly, but $295 twice a year or so to deep scrub makes enough sense to warrant it.

RobSky

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Southern Anne Arundel
    I had a mother and daughter clean our house for a couple of years. They did a decent job. One day, wifey asked if I had been taking some of her dental pain meds from a tooth extraction, I said no. Next time the cleaning duo showed up, wife counted the pills in the bottle prior to and after the cleaning, sure enough we fired them the next day. Kinda wonder what else was being taken during their time of employment. Be careful on who you hire to clean house (no pun intended :)).

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Down Zero, my sister is a 4 day a week private caregiver for an 86 year old man. He has a company provide aides the other 3 days. She recently told me the one other aide was stealing all manner of things such as his paper towels, soaps, detergents, and even his camera from the camera bag. The sad part is she told him repeatedly but he resisted confronting her or the employer. The woman no longer comes, to steal things because I believe sis finally got him to address it.

Last edited:

Crazytrain

Certified Grump
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 8, 2007
    Sparks, MD
    I would love to have someone clean the house every week or two, but I really don't like having people poking around the place. Heck, I don't like my wife sticking her nose in everything and she owns half the house!

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    I would love to have someone clean the house every week or two, but I really don't like having people poking around the place. Heck, I don't like my wife sticking her nose in everything and she owns half the house!
    Ya, that would never happen at our home as well. Don't need someone smiling (and performing renaissance reconnaissance) for their crew to come by later to wipe us out.

Last edited:

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh

Still looking, if anyone can make a recommendation.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Ya, that would never happen at our home as well. Don't need someone smiling (and performing renaissance) for their crew to come by later to wipe us out.

Man, I hate it when renaissance comes right into your house. All those painters with their easels everywhere... sculptors getting marble dust all over the floor...
    Drives me crazy.

Plus they never actually come back later to wipe up the dust.

:sad20:

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    My sister and brother had the same cleaning company for a couple of years in NoVa. I don't remember which one hired them first. Every thing was fine for the first 2 years or so, then things started coming up missing. They both fired the company as soon as they figured out what was going on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom