• ...and so much more!
  • Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    Apparently Died in Committee.....

On Wed, Mar 24, 2021 at 3:35 PM, Malone, Michael Delegate

<Michael.Malone@house.state.md.us> wrote:

Tuesday, March 22nd*was the last day for a bill to get out of committee to receive consideration by the 2021 General Assembly.

I am writing to inform you that*HB 175 Public Safety – Ammunition – Sales and Transfer*did*NOT*get out of the Judiciary Committee to be voted on the House Floor either favorably or unfavorably.

As I serve on the Judiciary Committee, and over the past few weeks, I strongy opposed HB 175 and expressed my concerns regarding this bill with my fellow Delegates.

Thank you for your advocacy to this bill.**

Take care and be safe.

Michael Malone

Michael Malone

Anne Arundel County, District 33

6 Bladen Street,* Room 164

Annapolis, Maryland 21401

Michael.Malone@house.state.md.us

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

Huck Hound

Mar 8, 2020
    And every time you wish to buy ammo they will investigate you like a common criminal. They will gather info on you to maintain in a data base to use against you if needed. We need to stop this sh!t.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    And every time you wish to buy ammo they will investigate you like a common criminal. They will gather info on you to maintain in a data base to use against you if needed. We need to stop this sh!t.

Good news! >>>>>>>>>>>

On Wed, Mar 24, 2021 at 3:35 PM, Malone, Michael DelegateMichael.Malone@house.state.md.us> wrote:
    Tuesday, March 22nd*was the last day for a bill to get out of committee to receive consideration by the 2021 General Assembly.

I am writing to inform you that*HB 175 Public Safety – Ammunition – Sales and Transfer*did*NOT*get out of the Judiciary Committee to be voted on the House Floor either favorably or unfavorably.
    Michael Malone

Doctortoxic

The Dose Makes The Poison
    Apr 18, 2019
    CalvinBallistan

As I serve on the Judiciary Committee, and over the past few weeks, I strongy opposed HB 175 and expressed my concerns regarding this bill with my fellow Delegates.

Take care and be safe.

Michael Malone

Michael Malone

This is fantastic news. Feels good to have provided opposition testimony on a bill that died a fiery death.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Here’s how: online vendors simply add “Maryland” to the list of “Places we won’t ship.”

And that is that.

And to repeat what I have said in this thread another time after the other dozen plus. Even if it passed, all you need is an HQL or C&R license. Almost all online ammo vendors will ship to states that require a license to purchase.

At most you might see a few weeks to a few months delay for them to get on board.

Yeah, those unwilling or unable to get an HQL or C&R would be screwed.

No I am not advocating for the bill. But I am advocating we engage with reality. Or at least likely reality.

You’d have more hoops to jump through.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    No I am not advocating for the bill. But I am advocating we engage with reality. Or at least likely reality.

You’d have more hoops to jump through.

And I am not disagreeing with you. Hopefully you’d be right, that MD would show up in the lists like the one below as “license required.”

On the other hand “No ammo” is always a possibility given the MD General Assembly ...

Attachments

• 34FBBDB6-C8BA-4911-A3C4-4CB56BAA9980.jpg
      34FBBDB6-C8BA-4911-A3C4-4CB56BAA9980.jpg
      85.9 KB · Views: 333

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    And I am not disagreeing with you. Hopefully you’d be right, that MD would show up in the lists like the one below as “license required.”

On the other hand “No ammo” is always a possibility given the MD General Assembly ...

Not with the proposed bill at hand. The states listed as no ammo specifically ban internet sales of ammunition and/or a background check before ammunition can be transferred. The proposed MD bull exempted LEO, FFLs of all stripes and HQL holders from a background check requirement for ammo.

Sure, I put nothing past MD. Next year maybe they’ll come back with something stricter. Or push something stricter through at the last second.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Not with the proposed bill at hand. The states listed as no ammo specifically ban internet sales of ammunition and/or a background check before ammunition can be transferred. The proposed MD bull exempted LEO, FFLs of all stripes and HQL holders from a background check requirement for ammo.

Sure, I put nothing past MD. Next year maybe they’ll come back with something stricter. Or push something stricter through at the last second.

Out of state sellers would probably go with "No Ammo" considering the "electronic record keeping" requirement" in the bill.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Out of state sellers would probably go with "No Ammo" considering the "electronic record keeping" requirement" in the bill.

The record keeping requirement only applies if you are an ammunition vendor, selling to someone who is also not an ammunition vendor, FFL, HQL, etc.

So if you have an HQL, no record keeping requirement. It is basically only for the poor schmucks who have to have a background check done on them.

Jack Ryan

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2011
    People’s Republic of Maryland
    Thanks for posting.

Hip Hip Hooray!:)

Take care and be safe.

Michael Malone

Michael Malone

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    While that's good news...I believe it will be back next year tweaked to overcome some of the legitimate objections...not all the objections but some. It will be back in some form...these cretins will be back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom