• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pwilliams1

Apr 25, 2013
    Soon enough I'm going to need a new hot water heater. Current unit is gas and is getting up there in years. What kind of cash should I be ready to spend for a new unit installed? House is a single family in Hamilton, kitchen, one bathroom.

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    If your water is already hot then you should not need to heat it again with a water heater. I just don't know why people always want to heat hot water?:sad20:
    :innocent0:innocent0:innocent0:lol::lol::lol::rolleyes::rolleyes:

jmiller320

Ultimate Member
    Aug 7, 2008
    Havre de Grace
    Look at the make and model and go to Home depot or Lowes and price one. Their not that hard to replace if you replace it with the same model.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    Soon enough I'm going to need a new hot water heater. Current unit is gas and is getting up there in years. What kind of cash should I be ready to spend for a new unit installed? House is a single family in Hamilton, kitchen, one bathroom.

Home Depot just quoted me $609.00 for an electric one.

No thanks, I will be trolling this particular forum soon for someone (a plumber) whom wants to do the connections for a reasonable fee (swing by and solder it up with new connections).

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    If your water is already hot then you should not need to heat it again with a water heater. I just don't know why people always want to heat hot water?:sad20:
    :innocent0:innocent0:innocent0:lol::lol::lol::rolleyes::rolleyes:

One of my all time pet peeves, people heating hot water. What worse is when I went to the orange store to buy a water heater, one of the aprons came up and asked if I had any guestions "about hot water heaters

Pwilliams1

Apr 25, 2013
    Lol, sorry for the redundancy. I need to replace the tank shaped device for converting tap water to hot water. Better?

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Lol, sorry for the redundancy. I need to replace the tank shaped device for converting tap water to hot water. Better?

q8qt2i.jpg

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Nothing wrong with RAS syndrome,
    PDF format
    VIN number
    PIN number
    ATM machine
    LCD display
    and frickin HOT WATER HEATER

I hate grammar Nazis:D
    blues-brothers-nazi.jpg

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    One of my all time pet peeves, people heating hot water. What worse is when I went to the orange store to buy a water heater, one of the aprons came up and asked if I had any guestions "about hot water heaters

Uh oh...so if I say I am "pro-active" about my "pre-planning" to buy a water heater I am still in trouble? I hope they "pre-treat" the roads if I go to buy on a snow day.

That's right, you can't be active until you are pro-acting, and you can't plan anything anymore because you are actually pre-planning, and now roads are pre-treated rather than just treated.

Steroids are now part of word choice in America.

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    Uh oh...so if I say I am "pro-active" about my "pre-planning" to buy a water heater I am still in trouble? I hope they "pre-treat" the roads if I go to buy on a snow day.

That's right, you can't be active until you are pro-acting, and you can't plan anything anymore because you are actually pre-planning, and now roads are pre-treated rather than just treated.

Steroids are now part of word choice in America.

Pre-treated roads are treated with a chemical before the real treatment is placed. Thus pre-treated because by it's self it aint much good when the real white death falls.

JPG

Ultimate Member
    Aug 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    Don't say where you are located. PG County just changed their codes Jan. 1, 2015. You will need permit (xtra $), The flue needs to be replaced with a bigger one (xtra $). Just had one done last week $1,600 for a 40 gallon tank, was quoted $2,100 for tankless. Multiple quotes and several plumbers no longer working on gas tanks because of new laws.

Swaged

May 30, 2011
    North of North Laurel
    When my water heater needs replacing I'm going with a tankless system next time.

Same here

you fellas ought do some research on the new 'wheel'.

got a customer bought a bosch from ebay 3 yrs ago, asked me last week about putting back in a tank style.

similiar habits, similiar size household, my water was under 10k last quarter, his was just over 26k.

higher heat than tanks = lots of mineral buildup.

check terrylove plumbing forum, lots of good info there.

bottom line - not ready for prime time.

point of use is different, better alternative.

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    I paid $1000 exactly last week for a licensed plumber to deliver a Ruud Professional Series 50Gal Gas water heater the very next morning. Plus, he hauled the old one away.

Not sure if I got a good price.

He agreed that instant heaters were not the best solution for all purposes, and added that no one tells you that they have to be descaled with something like vinegar every year.

Jack5j

Nov 29, 2013
    Kent Island

Mine took a dump Easter Sunday. I went to Lowe's in Easton and had to get a shorter/wider propane tank as it was the ONLY one they had. Other places didn't even carry propane units. Anywho, I had to lengthen the pipes (used flex), extend the flue pipe and get a new stand. All done for $805, and that was a more expensive unit than I went to get. A simple job if you look at it.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011

Jack ass comedians that have nothing positive to ad but feel the need to chime in anyway. Must have a field day with drive ways, park ways and jumbo shrimp. Don't know why if people can't address a question they feel the need to run their mouths anyway.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Don't say where you are located. PG County just changed their codes Jan. 1, 2015. You will need permit (xtra $), The flue needs to be replaced with a bigger one (xtra $). Just had one done last week $1,600 for a 40 gallon tank, was quoted $2,100 for tankless. Multiple quotes and several plumbers no longer working on gas tanks because of new laws.

And Baltimore County now requires an expansion tank so the jobs keep getting harder and more expensive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom